Capel Bethel, Bethel
|Bethel shown within Gwynedd|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Bethel is a village in Gwynedd, Wales. It lies east of Caernarfon on the B4366 road. Bethel Primary School is located in the village. The population of the village is roughly around 1,000 people. The population of Bethel electoral ward was measured in the 2011 Census, and found to be 1,395.
According to the 2011 UK Census, 85.8% of the electoral ward's population could speak Welsh. 40.2% of the population born outside Wales can speak Welsh - the highest figure in Gwynedd. 93.7% of the population who were born in Wales could speak Welsh.
Ysgol Gynradd Bethel
Ysgol Gynradd Bethel is the main serving primary school for most children from Bethel, the parish of Llanddeiniolen and the surrounding rural areas. The school educates children aged between 3–11 years old. In 2015, the school had 153 pupils on roll.
Welsh is the school’s main language medium. According to the last inspection conducted by Estyn in 2012, 93% of the pupils spoke Welsh at home. In 2015, approximately 96% of pupils were fluent in Welsh.
Ysgol Gynradd Bethel was previously named Bethel British School and was located on a different site. The old school was opened on 11 April 1864 with 71 pupils. In October 1881 the school was reopened, with the current name.
Bethel Juniors Football Club is one of the most successful junior clubs in North Wales, producing many players who go on to play at Academy level. In the 2009/10 season, the under 16s became only the second Gwyrfai League team to win the North Wales Coast F.A. Cup, beating Towyn Rangers in the final 2-1 at Denbigh Town F.C.
- "Ward population 2011". Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Ward and Area Profiles - Bethel" (PDF). Gwynedd Council. Office For National Statistics. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Anglesey & Gwynedd Joint Local Development Plan - Topic Paper 10: Welsh Language & Culture" (PDF). Gwynedd County Council. Gwynedd County Council. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "http://mylocalschool.wales.gov.uk/school.htm?451979745&estab=6612011&iaith=eng". mylocalschool.wales.gov.uk. Retrieved 2016-08-24. External link in
- "Ysgol Gynradd Bethel | Estyn". www.estyn.gov.wales. Retrieved 2016-08-24.
- "Ystadegau am iaith disgyblion, Ionawr 2014 a 2015 - a Freedom of Information request to Welsh Government". WhatDoTheyKnow. 2015-09-11. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bethel, Gwynedd.|
|This Gwynedd location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|