Bethel Township, Clark County, Ohio
|Bethel Township, Clark County, Ohio|
Lakes in southwestern Bethel Township
Location of Bethel Township in Clark County
|• Total||38.1 sq mi (98.7 km2)|
|• Land||37.6 sq mi (97.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.3 km2)|
|Elevation||876 ft (267 m)|
|• Density||492/sq mi (190.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085850|
Bethel Township is one of the ten townships of Clark County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 18,523 people living in the township, 12,440 of whom were in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Pike Township - north
- German Township - northeast
- Springfield Township - east
- Mad River Township - southeast
- Bath Township, Greene County - south
- Huber Heights - southwest
- Bethel Township, Miami County - west
Several populated places are located in Bethel Township:
- Crystal Lakes, a census-designated place in the southwestern part of the township
- Donnelsville, a village in the eastern part of the township
- New Carlisle, a city in the northwestern corner of the township
- Park Layne, a census-designated place in the southwestern part of the township
- Medway, an unincorporated community east of Park Layne
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The board is composed of David Phares (Chairman), Don Minton, and Nancy Brown. The fiscal officer is Melanie Cochran.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Bethel township, Clark County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Elected Officials Archived March 3, 2009, at the Wayback Machine., Bethel Township. Accessed 2009-03-19.