Bethenny Ever After
|Bethenny Ever After|
|Also known as||Bethenny Getting Married?|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||36|
|Running time||40 to 43 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Shed Media|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original release||June 10, 2010– May 28, 2012|
|Related shows||The Real Housewives of New York City|
Bethenny Ever After is an American reality documentary television series that originally aired on Bravo from June 10, 2010, until May 28, 2012. The series focused on the life of Bethenny Frankel, a former original cast member of The Real Housewives of New York City, who has since returned to the series.
The series premiered on June 10, 2010 as Bethenny Getting Married and became Bravo's highest rated series premiere in the network's history but was later surpassed by Married to Medicine in March 2013.
It was reported in January 2012, that Frankel made the decision that the third and final season of the series would be her last in order for her to concentrate on her business ventures. Frankel confirmed the reports by announcing on her talk show, Bethenny, that she is done with reality television. In October 2014, it was announced that Frankel would return to The Real Housewives of New York City after a three-season hiatus.
In the first season, Bethenny Frankel prepares her life for two of life’s biggest milestones: a wedding and a baby, simultaneously. Frankel prepares for motherhood and weds Jason Hoppy, while maintaining her career as an author and natural foods chef.
The second season follows more of Frankel as she focuses on motherhood, marriage, SkinnyGirl and skating. She also continues to grow her business and venture into new areas. Frankel deals with the tensions of visiting family members from out of town. During this season, Frankel turns 40 and celebrates Bryn turning one. She also looks at her future as an older parent and adult.
The third and final season of Bethenny Ever After chronicles the sales of SkinnyGirl cocktails introducing some added luxuries into Frankel's life: a large new apartment, remote vacations, and a larger staff are all part of the perks. As things change, Frankel adjusts to her marriage, lawsuits, and life in the public eye.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||10||June 10, 2010||August 12, 2010|
|2||11||February 28, 2011||May 9, 2011|
|3||15||February 20, 2012||May 28, 2012|
Season 1 (2010)
|Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||1||"Mi Casa, Su Casa"||June 10, 2010||2.09|
|Bethenny launches the next chapter of her life: marriage and a baby.|
|2||2||"In-laws We Trust"||June 17, 2010||1.89|
|Bethenny races to find the perfect dress, locale, and planner for her upcoming nuptials.|
|3||3||"88% to a Million"||June 24, 2010||1.66|
|Bethenny, Jason and their friends head to Atlantic City to celebrate their engagement over a weekend but the pressure of planning a wedding and raging pregnancy hormones start to get the best of Bethenny.|
|4||4||"Let Me Eat Cake!"||July 1, 2010||1.72|
|Bethenny scrambles to plan her wedding and becomes frustrated with her unhelpful fiance. Real Housewives of New York City cast-mate Alex McCord hosts a bridal shower for Bethenny.|
|5||5||"So Hoppy Together"||July 8, 2010||2.25|
|The wedding arrives just as Bethenny finishes her book.|
|6||6||"The Honeymoon Is Over"||July 15, 2010||1.64|
|With their wedding behind them, Bethenny and Jason head to St. Bart's to relax and enjoy their honeymoon. But anxiety kicks in when the discussion leans towards the pending arrival of the baby.|
|7||7||"Baby Won't Wait"||July 22, 2010||1.90|
|Bethenny's baby Bryn arrives 5 weeks early. Her assistants scramble to ready the apartment while Bethenny endures 5 days in labor.|
|8||8||"Bryn Here, Done That"||July 29, 2010||1.53|
|Bethenny and Jason bring home Baby Bryn. Later, Bethenny and Jason tackle parenting.|
|9||9||"Getting More Than Married"||August 5, 2010||1.86|
|The finale wraps up the season with a vacation in Montauk for Bethenny, Jason, Bryn, Bethenny's assistants, and Gina.|
|10||10||"Lost Footage"||August 12, 2010||1.37|
Season 2 (2011)
|Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|11||1||"Hoppy Trails to You"||February 28, 2011||1.50|
|Bethenny and Jason visit Jason's hometown in Hazleton, Pennsylvania, with baby Bryn and Bethenny's dog, Cookie.|
|12||2||"There Is No Normal"||March 7, 2011||1.66|
|A magazine hosts a gala honoring Bethenny for her style, and tension develops when Jason suggests visiting his parents again.|
|13||3||"Business as Usual"||March 14, 2011||1.23|
|Bethenny discovers there are problems with the distribution and manufacture of Skinnygirl Margarita, and that stores cannot keep up with demand.|
|14||4||"It's My Baptism and I'll Cry If I Want To"||March 21, 2011||1.34|
|Gina brings Bethenny, Jason and baby Bryn to her Trinidadian Baptist church to provide a blessing to Bryn, but it feels more like a baptism to Bethenny and Jason, which they wanted to have performed in a Catholic church.|
|15||5||"Ice Castles and Hassles"||March 28, 2011||1.28|
|While Bethenny wrestles with her upcoming 40th birthday, she receives an invitation to appear on Skating with the Stars.|
|16||6||"Fleeing From 40"||April 4, 2011||1.35|
|Bethenny's birthday bash doesn't exactly go as planned.|
|17||7||"The Mile High Club"||April 11, 2011||1.56|
|In their first trip away from baby Bryn, Bethenny and Jason fly to Montreal to pay a visit to the Skinnygirl bottling plant.|
|18||8||"I Need Some Lovin' From My Oven"||April 18, 2011||1.35|
|Bethenny deals with her baby nurse's leaving, Skating with the Stars, and a dramatic Thanksgiving dinner disaster.|
|19||9||"Don't Get Fat and Bloated"||April 25, 2011||1.62|
|Bethenny finds a new, multi-talented baby nanny, and jets to Malibu for relaxation and Skating With the Stars.|
|20||10||"Thin Ice, Ugly Sweaters"||May 2, 2011||1.34|
|Bethenny wraps up Skating with the Stars and celebrates Christmas in Malibu with Jason, Bryn, Dawa and Julie before the bus tour begins.|
|21||11||"Skinny on the Skinny"||May 9, 2011||1.72|
|In the Season 2 finale, the speaking bus tour rolls on, and Bethenny ponders a life-changing proposition.|
Season 3 (2012)
|Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|22||1||"Mo' Money, Mo' Problems"||February 20, 2012||0.97|
|It's been a crazy year for Bethenny, but life shows no sign of slowing down. Season 3 kicks off with a party for the first new cocktail since the sale of Skinnygirl. Friends old and new are in attendance, even Today show host Hoda Kotb, along with her boyfriend Jay. Bethenny takes life in the public eye in stride but Jason struggles with the constant attention. Parties and press interviews are only a fraction of the new parents' hectic schedule, managing their second year of marriage, caring for their daughter Bryn, and purchasing a new apartment are just some of the challenges ahead.|
|23||2||"Alias Benjamin Frankelin"||February 27, 2012||1.03|
|Bethenny decides to have a good old fashioned girls' weekend in her favorite stomping ground – Montauk. With Bryn, Dawa and Cookie by her side, Bethenny turns off the world and takes a drive out to the beach. She lavishes her closest girlfriends with a summer weekend getaway and in turn they put pressure on her to have a second baby. The weekend is full of fun, sun, clambakes and a revelation that Bethenny after the success, she has trouble trusting anyone other than her oldest and closest friends.|
|24||3||"The Damaged One"||March 5, 2012||0.98|
|It's back to the beach, this time for another soiree to celebrate Skinnygirl cocktails. Bethenny decides to work on her matchmaking skills, her targets — Julie's sister Jonie and her partner in Skinnygirl Daily Nutrition, Matt. The two hit it off, but the next day, Bethenny and Jason end up fighting about Bethenny's "inappropriate" line of questioning. Back in the city, it's time to get the apartment renovation underway and Jason reminds their stellar design team that he would like to be considered as they put the pieces together. In Bethenny’s weekly session with therapist, Dr. Amador proposes a couple's workshop on his boat for Bethenny and Jason to work on their issues.|
|25||4||"Shrink Resistant"||March 12, 2012||1.02|
|The second year of marriage is proving to be more difficult than the first for Bethenny and Jason. Bethenny confides to her hairstylist that she and Jason are in a fight and she has been feeling distant from Jason. On top of that, the new apartment's design team is not getting along. Bethenny calls a meeting to get everyone on the same page, but Jason is hostile with the group, making things worse and forcing Bethenny to play referee. Emotions are running high with Bethenny's assistant, Julie, who breaks down at a lunch meeting when asked if she is committed to the company for the long haul. Bethenny and Jason get into an explosive argument just as they are about to depart for their couple's therapy boating trip with Dr. Amador; as things escalate, Jason storms off leaving Bethenny and Bryn.|
|26||5||"Adrift"||March 19, 2012||1.05|
|Tensions are running high as Jason decides to join Bethenny on the couple's therapy boating trip with Dr. Amador. As they sail further from land, the tide starts to turn just as Bethenny and Jason begin to work together. Jason gets incredibly seasick and is rendered unable to perform his "duty": cooking the meal for the group. Things go from bad to worse when Dr. Amador informs them that they are essentially lost at sea as the boat's GPS system has stopped working. A very worried Bethenny and Jason wait for the tow to arrive to put an end to this fifteen-hour ordeal. Once on dry land, Jason and Bethenny race to the dock to kiss dry land and are reunited with Bryn. The next morning at brunch, Jason proclaims that the overall the trip was worthwhile as it made him realize that no matter how bad things get, he wants Bethenny by his side and with Bethenny, things are never boring!|
|27||6||"Maternal Instincts"||March 26, 2012||1.14|
|Life is back to normal and Bethenny and Jason are going full steam ahead on the apartment remodel. Closet space is of the utmost importance to Bethenny so she meets with closet designer. In order for Bethenny to get her dream closet, Jason will have to sacrifice his “man cave”. Bethenny isn’t comfortable asking Jason to give this up but the remodel crew seems to think it will be the best overall decision. The debate is settled while on a walk-through with the entire renovation team, the issue is put to a vote, with the closet coming out on top. Things are never calm for long in Bethenny’s world, as news of her mother's selling a story about her to a gossip magazine really gets Bethenney riled up. Later on Bethenny meets with Dr. Amador and breaks down, admitting that hearing about her mother summons up painful memories.|
|28||7||"All Da Boats"||April 2, 2012||0.97|
|Bethenny is getting quite a lot of attention these days, but not all attention is good attention. In one scandal after the next, Bethenny is making headlines. Bethenny realizes she never had this kind of trouble until she made her money, and maybe the saying, "Mo' money, mo' problems", is right! Life must go on so Dwayne, Bethenny’s driver, takes her shopping with one of her interior designers. But even shopping is not a good enough distraction, as Bethenny can’t stop thinking about everything that is going on in the press; she is not a “no comment” kind of girl. After much consideration, Bethenny decides to go on the Today show to clear her name in an interview with Matt Lauer. Bethenny also decides to fly to L.A.. to be a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, ending her week on a high.|
|29||8||"Who Coordinates the Chaos"||April 9, 2012||1.13|
|Bethenny takes a serious hit when her assistant, Julie, delivers big news. Bethenny is full of mixed emotions and it causes her to reflect on her extended family and how valuable they are to her...and what better way to celebrate her staff than to do a photo shoot of them all modeling the Skinnygirl Shapewear line. Despite her recent success, Bethenny has trouble letting go of her bargain hunting ways. A furniture shopping trip for her new apartment sends her into a tailspin when she realizes that every time her Upper East Side interior decorator opens her mouth, thousands of Bethenny's hard earned dollars fall out.|
|30||9||"My Bad Self"||April 16, 2012||1.20|
|Bethenny gets busy building her brand empire and, in typical Bethenny fashion, has found a way to mix business with pleasure. With her staff in tow, the team heads to Jim Beam to discuss some exciting ideas that are brewing with Skinnygirl Cocktails. Things do not slow down for a moment, as Bethenny learns the hard way that home renovations are no joke and she begins to feel overwhelmed. Things reach a boiling point as she tries to manage everyone and everything in the project and her life but realizes she has become the middle man...or woman, as it were. When her beloved Gina stops by, she can't help but show her true feelings and for a moment Bethenny allows herself to let go. Has the unstoppable Bethenny reached her breaking point?|
|31||10||"Paradise Found"||April 23, 2012||1.29|
|Bethenny and Jason arrive at the one and only Pamilla resort in Los Cabos for their extended and much needed vacation. It’s been a tough road up until now but with Bryn and Veronica in tow, they are hoping to relax. But paradise loses a little bit of its glimmer once Bethenny and Jason start talking about past wounds. Fortunately, the rollercoaster ride of their relationship bounces back with a good dose of humor on both their parts. Finally, it’s time for Bethenny’s birthday, a day that goes much better for her than in previous years.|
|32||11||"Paradise Lost"||April 30, 2012||1.20|
|A long vacation is just what the doctor ordered for Bethenny and Jason but the ups and downs that come with it are not. On the second leg of their trip, Jason decides that he has waited long enough to break some news about their new apartment and where they may have to live before they can move in. Willing to put themselves out there again, literally, Jason and Bethenny find themselves on yet another boat ride from hell. Bethenny and Jason can’t seem to escape from their own personal issues, and a lengthy discussion about work, life and love forces Jason to face his deepest fears.|
|33||12||"Grab Your Balloons"||May 7, 2012||1.30|
|Jason and Bethenny are back in NYC and very much back to the business at hand -- getting their apartment renovated and making sure they have a place to sleep. With Julie leaving, Bethenny wants Jason to come onboard, but every time she tries to push him to make a final decision, there always seems to be a reason not to. With the stress building day-by-day, Bethenny indulges in a little NYC R&R -- a night out with Jake and a yoga class with Nick that has her worried more than ever about his health.|
|34||13||"Aspen-ational"||May 14, 2012||0.97|
|Bethenny decides it’s time to give Jason an early Christmas present, but the gift backfires when Jason decides he may not be ready for all that it holds. When Bethenny brings up her obstacles with Jason to Dr. Amador for the first time, she understands it’s time to take a step back and listen. Soon after, Bethenny leaves for the launch of the Skinnygirl Cranberry Cosmo in Aspen. Finally, when the idea of working together rears its ugly head again, Bethenny takes a lesson from Dr. Amador and learns to let Jason come to her instead of the other way around.|
|35||14||"Unregrettable"||May 21, 2012||1.13|
|Bethenny must once again face her past when she has dinner with Louis, one her deceased father’s dearest friends. Things heat up at dinner when she has to defend her truth about her childhood and make Louis understand she will not rewrite history.|
|36||15||"Fair Thee Well Heeled"||May 28, 2012||1.29|
|Christmas is in the air and the Skinnygirl gang gathers for a holiday party. Julie’s departure from the team approaches, pushing Bethenny over the edge at a Glamour photo shoot. Just as Bethenny and Jason finally move into their new apartment after a hectic renovation, another big life change sends them packing once again.|
- Gorman, Bill (June 11, 2010). "Bravo's "Bethenny Getting Married?" marks Highest Rated Series Premiere In Network History With Over 2 Million Total Viewers". TV by the Numbers.
- Macatee, Rebecca (January 7, 2012). "Bethenny Frankel Choosing to End Reality Show "on a High Note"". US Weekly.
- Rayford Rubenstein, Janine (October 20, 2014). "Bethenny Frankel Is Returning to Real Housewives of New York City". People. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- Sieczkowski, Cavan (March 2, 2015). "Bethenny Frankel Returns To 'Real Housewives Of New York City'". The Huffington Post. Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- Gorman, Bill (June 11, 2010). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Burn Notice & Royal Pains Down vs. Premieres". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (June 18, 2010). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Burn Notice & Royal Pains Down Slightly; Real Housewives, Bethenny & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (June 25, 2010). "UPDATED Thursday Cable Ratings: Futurama Returns Strong; Plus Burn Notice, Royal Pains, NBA Draft & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (July 2, 2010). "Thursday Cable Ratings: USA's Royal Pains & Burn Notice lead Thursday cable pack; Bethenny Lags Futurama". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (July 12, 2010). "Thursday Cable Ratings: All LeBron, All The Time; Plus Bethenny Up, Futurama Settles & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (July 16, 2010). "Thursday Cable: Burn Notice On Top, Futurama Up; Bethenny Down". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (July 26, 2010). "Thursday Cable: Burn Notice On Top, Futurama Slips; Bethenny Stable". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (July 30, 2010). "Thursday Cable: Jersey Shore on Top + Burn Notice, Futurama, Project Runway & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (August 6, 2010). "Thursday Cable: Jersey Shore on Top + Project Runway, Futurama, Stan Lee’s Superhumans & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (August 13, 2010). "Thursday Cable: Jersey Shore Sets New Highs; Burn Notice & Royal Pains Down, But Mostly Steady & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (March 1, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw' Leads Night; 'Skins,' 'Being Human' Rise + 'Pretty Little Liars,' 'Cake Boss' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (March 8, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw' Leads Night; 'Skins Drops;Stargate SGU' Returns + 'Greek' Finale, 'Pretty Little Liars' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (March 15, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: Snookie Boosts 'WWE Raw'; Plus 'Skins,' 'Stargate SGU,' 'Pretty Little Liars' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (March 22, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars Tops Night; Plus 'RAW,' 'Skins,' 'Pretty Little Liars' Rise;'Stargate SGU,' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (March 29, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' & 'WWE RAW' Jump; 'Nurse Jackie' Premieres Down; + 'Being Human,' 'RJ Berger' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (April 5, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' & 'WWE RAW' Down Against B-Ball; + 'Being Human,' 'RJ Berger' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (April 12, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Leads Night; 'Kate Plus 8' Even; 'WWE RAW,' 'Being Human,' 'RJ Berger' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (April 19, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Leads Night; NBA Playoffs, 'Kate Plus 8' Falls; 'WWE RAW,' 'RJ Berger' NHL & Much More". TV by the Numbers.
- Gorman, Bill (April 26, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Leads Night; Plus NBA, 'WWE RAW,' 'Sanctuary' 'Bethenny,' 'American Chopper' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (May 3, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: Kobe-Dirk Playoff Dominates; Will Syfy Move 'Sanctuary' Back to Friday? + 'WWE RAW,' 'Bethenny,' 'American Chopper' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Seidman, Robert (May 10, 2011). "Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Lead + 'Pawn Stars,' 'WWE RAW,' 'Bethenny,' 'American Chopper' & M". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (February 22, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Rules Again + 'WWE RAW,' 'T.I. and Tiny,' 'Pretty Little Liars,' 'Being Human' & Much More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 28, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Comes Out on Top, Closely Followed by 'WWE RAW'". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (March 6, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Beats 'WWE', 'American Pickers,' 'Basketball Wives,' 'Pretty Little Liars' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 13, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Monday Night Raw' Tops 'American Chopper' & 'TI and Tiny'". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (March 20, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE RAW,' 'Pretty Little Liars' Top Night + 'American Chopper,' 'Basketball Wives,' 'Lost Girl' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 27, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE RAW,' 'Basketball Wives', 'Secret Life of the American Teenager', 'Pawn Stars' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (April 3, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: WWE Bodyslams Competition, 'Basketball Wives,' 'La Las Full Court Life,Secret Life of the American Teenager,'Pawn Stars'". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (April 10, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Basketball Wives', 'Hardcore History', 'Secret Life of the American Teen', 'La La's Full Court Life & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 17, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars,' 'WWE Raw,' 'Basketball Wives,' 'American Pickers' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 24, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Pawn Stars,' 'WWE Raw,' 'Basketball Wives,' 'American Chopper' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (May 1, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Lead + 'WWE Raw', 'Pawn Stars', 'Bad Girl Club', 'American Chopper, 'Basketball Wives', 'Ridiculousness' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 8, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs + 'WWE Raw', 'Bad Girls Club', 'Basketball Wives', 'American Chopper' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (May 15, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Wins Night, 'WWE', 'Basketball Wives', 'American Chopper', 'Secret Life', 'American Pickers' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 22, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Basketball, + 'Pawn Stars', 'WWE Raw', 'La La's Full Court Life', 'Basketball Wives' + More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (May 30, 2012). "Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Conference Finals, 'Hatfields & McCoys' 'WWE Raw', 'Pawn Stars', 'Single Ladies', 'Basketball Wives', & More". TV by the Numbers.