Bethlehem Township, Coshocton County, Ohio
|Bethlehem Township, Coshocton County, Ohio|
Location of Bethlehem Township in Coshocton County
|• Total||25.1 sq mi (65.1 km2)|
|• Land||25.1 sq mi (65.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||902 ft (275 m)|
|• Density||45/sq mi (17.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085911|
Located in the north central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Clark Township - north
- Mill Creek Township - northeast corner
- Keene Township - east
- Jackson Township - south
- Bedford Township - southwest corner
- Jefferson Township - west
- Monroe Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Bethlehem Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Bethlehem township, Coshocton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- Graham, Albert Adams (1881). History of Coshocton County, Ohio: Its Past and Present, 1740-1881. A. A. Graham. p. 470.
- Hunt, William Ellis (1876). Historical Collections of Coshocton County, Ohio. R. Clarke & Company. p. 3.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.