Beto Carrero World
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014)|
|Location||Penha, Santa Catarina, Brazil|
|Operating season||All year|
|Total||more than 100|
Beto Carrero World is the biggest theme park in Latin America, located in Penha, Brazil. The park opened in December 28, 1991 and is considered the sixth best amusement park in the world, with a complex of fourteen kilometers divided into nine theme areas.
- 1 History
- 2 Shows
- 3 Theme Areas
- 4 Antigas Atrações (Former Attractions)
- 5 Events
- 6 Automotive Complex
- 7 Controversies
- 8 See also
- 9 External Connections
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Beto Carrero World was idealized by Brazilian businessman and entertainer Beto Carrero. Opened in 1991, the park is now the most important touristic complex in Santa Catarina. In 2012, Beto Carrero World announced an important partnership with DreamWorks Animation and Universal Studios, which allowed the park to feature characters from both film studios.
Beto Carrero World is in the city of Penha, in the north coast of Santa Catarina. Just 35 kilometers of Balneário Camboriú, 60 km of Blumenau and 66 of Joinville, and few Km of Navegantes Airport, the park is equidistant from the cities which offer tourism, shopping, ethnic parties, gastronomy and many beaches. It is located next to the capital Florianópolis, 110 km away, and from Curitiba 195 km away, both by the highways (BRs 101 e 376) of dual carriageway. From the BR 101, it's about six kilometers to the entrance of Beto Carrero World.
- Velozes e Furiosos Show (Fast and Furious Show)
- Portal da Escuridão (Portal of Darkness)
- O Sonho do Cowboy (The Cowboy's Dream)
- Madagascar Circus Show
The park is divided among seven distinct areas, with its particularities which goes among its roller coasters, shows and the specific thematic of the area.
Avenida das Nações (Nations' Avenue)
The entrance for Beto Carrero World, it has important attractions, and food court.possui diversas atrações importantes além de áreas de serviços e alimentação.
- Castelo das Nações (Nations' Castle): with 10.444m² of area is the biggest building of all the park, and there are the ticket office in it, the new railroad to Aventura Selvagem (Wild Adventure), many stores and cafés, bathrooms, lockers, and other services.
- Carrossel (Carroussel): a classical toy in amusement parks.
- Baby Elefante (Baby Elephant): childish toy which has elephants that go up and down, an allusion to the movie Dumbo.
- Pedalinho (Paddle boat): a beautiful and romantic ride by the lake next to the Pirate Island, with paddles of the Betinho Carrero's Gang.
- As aventuras de Betinho Carrero-4D (The Adventures of Betinho Carrero-4D): A Cinema 4D with movements of water, wind and super effects.
- Palacio Dos Sorvetes (Ice-cream Palace): as the name says, it is an ice-cream house, with themes that remind it.
- Praça De Alimentação (Food court): on of the biggest structures of the park, where there are many options of food, ice-creams, etc. In the middle there is one of the most beautiful toys, the Carrossel Veneziano (Venetian Carroussel), enlightened with 1.800 lamps with two floors.
- Praça De Eventos (Event Hall): in the midst of the park, where it happens big and popular events.
- Roda-Gigante (Ferris Wheel): another toy indispensable in any amusement park, with its ferries that spin and have the Cowboy's hat. It has about 25 meters height.
- Teleférico (Cable car): Cars 30 meters height, where you have the vision of the whole park.
- Acqua: Show where there is a shipwreck and many artists make an incredible presentation in the deep ocean, alternating its skills and acrobacies, jugglery and dancing with a beautiful display of lights and music score.
- Raskapuska: It is 15 boats which navigate in the interior of an enormous mountains, filled with charming scnearios with hundreds of characters from the child literature, with an involving music and special effects. In the end a water fall.
- Super Carros (Super Cars): Attraction where the visitant by a high price can get a ride or drive luxuous car such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Bens, among others cars.
- Passeio De Helicóptero (Ride in the Helicopter): It offers wonderful views of the city of Penha and the park, going to all its magnificent litoral.
Mundo Animal (Animal World)
Park area where it is the Zoo with hundreds of animals of different species.
- Zoológico (Zoo): It has hundreds of animals like tigers, jaguars, bears, lions, giraffes, elephants and others. It was recently improved the habitats and the visitant visualization.
- Ilha dos Macacos (Monkeys' Island): A little archipelago in one of the lakes of the park where you can observ the animals in a free way, without grills.
- Mamães e Filhotes (Moms and Babies): A local where you can see babies of many different species of animals who live in the park, there is baby bottle time where the visitors can feed the little goats.
- Snake show: A show of just 10 minutes in which snakes do amazing things.
- Passarela dos Tigres (Catwalk Tigers): A series of cages with a catwalk among them where you can observ tigers, lions and jaguars.
- Palácio das Serpentes (Serpents' Palace): A building in the midst of the park in an eastern style where there are many kinds of snakes and serpents.
- Monga: A show included in the original ticket, with ilusionism which lasts among 10 minutes where a woman transforms into a gorilla.
- Dum-Dum: Roller-coaster inspired in the Dum Dum alligator, one of the characters of Betinho Carrero's Gang.
- Centro de Primatologia Beto Carrero (Beto Carrero's Center of Primatology): Opened in 2007, it is one of the study centers of primates, in the amusement park.
- Mundo Mágico das Aves (Magical World of Birds): Aviary where the visitors can meet different species of birds.
Vila Germânica (Germanic Village)
This area is a homage to the innumerous German migrants in Santa Catarina.
- Bier Haus: restaurant thematic with German architecture who serves typical German food.
- Auto Pista: traditional bump cars carts.
- Mundo Maravilhoso dos Cavalos (The Wonderful World of Horses): space dedicated to the huge horses of the medieval knights.
- Xícaras Malucas (Crazy Teacups): the usual crazy teacups which spin in all directions.
- Excalibur: show paid separately from the original ticket, it lasts 45 minutes. It reconstitutes the ambience of the medieval dules with artists dressed with costumes of that time, they have an intense duel to search of the legendary King Arthur's Sword.
- Cine Renato Aragão: it is dedicated to the realization of conventions, lectures and another events.
- Tigor Mountain: of Dutch fabrication, this roller-coaster has aproximatedely 600 meters of extension. The attraction is directed to the whole family, which embarks in a station constitute of German style after it goes up of alake.
- Kidplay: An enormous labyrinth in the midst of tubes and ball pool exclusive for kids of 0,90 m to 1,30 m height.
- Acqua Boat: Childish attraction similar to the "Auto Pista", but this one is on the water.
Velho Oeste (Old West)
A small village with typical Old West constructions, with its little church and its saloons.
- Aldeia Indígena (Indian Village): Imitation of a North American Indian village.
- Fort Álamo: one of the park's cenographies, which homes the stores and food courts.
- Trenzinho (Little train): Childish attraction which a little train goes to a trajectory of going up and down.
- Cavalarias: You can ride a horse or a little pony, with obstacles in the course.
- O Sonho do Cowboy (Cowboy's Dream): the show counts with a cast, the trajectory of Beto Carrero - the Brazilian cowboy. The musical contains scenarios, equipments and technology of last generation and it ends the day of visit of Beto Carrero World.
- Hípica: Where the horses are treated.
- Memorial Beto Carrero: It was created to tell the visitors the history of the Brazilian most famous cowboy, this space is one of the most emotional of the park. It shows Beto Carrero's whip, gap, hats and another memories, innumerous photos and videos of Beto Carrero with personal friends and also an original John Wayne's trailer, got by Beto Carrero for personal use.
Ilha dos Piratas (Pirates' Island)
An island connected to the center of the park by a hanging bridge being almost entirely thematized, in its side there are the "Pedalinhos" and a little lake which separates the complex.
- Bar Pirata: A Bar with pirates' theme.
- Casa dos Espelhos (Mirrors' house): Local with many mirros, which makes you fatter, thinner, taller, shorter, etc.
- Caverna dos Piratas (Pirates' Cave): It occupies most part of the island with a very complex and interesting thematic about the pirates.
- Galeão Pirata (Pirate Galleon): One of the most beautiful scenery in the theme park with a waterfall that flows into the front lake, the favorite place of the island's visitors to document through photographs and videos.
- Barco Pirata (Pirate Boat): The traditional pirate boat.
Aventura Radical (Extreme Adventure)
It is the part of the enterprise responsible for adrenaline, which are the most "radical" toys. Therefore, it is the most visited area of the park.
- Civilizações Perdidas (Lost Civilizations): thematized area with ancient ruins of extinct civilizations. It houses the biggest attraction ever built in the park, the Empire of the Waters, opened in 2004. Today, the entire area goes through adjustments to receive the new thematic area of Madagascar.
- Tchibum: water channel one where the boats-trunks wandering the 15 meters high to plummet to 80 km / h in a water tank. There are two climbs and descents, leaving the drenched visitors.
- Free Fall (Elevador-Torre do Terror): Belonging to the first generations of freefall towers of Intamin, plummets from a height of 50 meters will be 90 km / h, and in his half, starts to tilt, causing the visitors to finish lying down. Its theming has been highly modified. Opened red and black painted after a long period, currently its colors appear wood. There is a huge gorilla on top of the tower.
- Star Mountain: Initially called by Star World Mountain, it was imported from Holland, has two inversions, 35 meters high and reaches almost 90 km / h. One of the most famous attractions of the park.
- Big Tower: One of the newest generations of freefall towers of Intamin is the highest attraction of the park. At 93 meters, reaching a speed of 120 km / h. It was inaugurated in 2003.
- Portal da Escuridão (Darkness Portal): Designed by the firm of thematic creations Indiana Mystery initially was called Terror Castle. The attraction, visitors pass for seven scenarios inspired by famous horror films such as The Exorcist and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The attraction is paid separatedly, that is, is not included in the passport.
- Fire Whip(Chicote de Fogo): Inaugurated in late 2008 to celebrate the 17 years of the Beto Carrero World, the Fire Whip a Suspended Looping Coaster Vekoma, is 40 meters high, five inversions, 700 meters long and reaches a speed of almost 100 km / h. With a service capacity of up to 1,100 passengers per hour, provides a flyover by lakes and waterfalls in scenic area built especially for the roller coaster. The total cost of the roller coaster came to R $15 million.
- Velozes e Furiosos Show (Fast and Furious Show): Old Extreme Show, underwent changes after the partnership of the park with the DreamWorks and Universal Studios. The car show is inspired by the film Fast and Furious.
- Pista de Kart (Kart Track): In this attraction, you drive a kart car with the feeling of being in a Formula 1 race Attraction pays part.
- Quadriciclo (Quadricycle): Also not included in the passport, ATV ride trails traverse the lands of Beto Carrero.
- Acqua Bolha (Acqua Bubble): Gigantic air bubble in which visitors get in and walk on water.
During the 17th edition of AVIRRP Association of Ribeirão Preto Travel Agencies (SP), the construction of a new thematic area in the park was announced. The area of Madagascar would be inaugurated in October 2013, but the only great work was completed in February 2014. Quite the style of the movie Madagascar, this large area has several attractions for the whole family.
- Crazy River Adventure: The greatest work ever done in Beto Carrero World. More than a thousand tons of rock and about 16 million liters of water per minute simulate rafting, which takes visitors through a river of almost one kilometer long and five meters wide. In 2013 passed and now works with modified name (Ex Empire of the Waters), is in the area of Madagascar with fully modified theme.
- Madagascar Circus Show: The newest show Beto Carrero World, located at the main entrance of the Madagascar area, the show has various stunts and lots of dancing along to their favorite characters.
- Foto com personagens (Pictures with Characters): An area to take pictures with the characters of Madagascar.
Terra da Fantasia (Fantasy Land)
One of the major areas of the park where all the attractions are seen by a tour of train, at Ferrovia DinoMagic. The tour of the João Alves de Queiroz season. The tour is narrated by the driver of the train. The main points of the tour are:
- Casa do Beto Carrero (Beto Carrero's House): In front of a beautiful scenic mansion, several cowboys simulate an assault on the train. But within minutes the sheriff of the region appears to save the passengers. By the beginning of 2008, who saved the train was the hero Beto Carrero (sometimes true Beto Carrero).
- Caverna dos Dinossauros (Dinossaurs' Cave): Visitors come back to the Jurassic era inside a huge cave with animatronic dinosaurs. The cave has a film scene with lights and sounds controlled by computer.
- Horta Modelo (Garden Model): Giant sculptures of fruits and vegetables.
- Terra dos Gigantes (Giants' Land): Several scenarios containing statues of turtles, crocodiles and other giant animals. One of the key moments of the tour takes place in the Land of the Giants, when a huge coral snake swallows the train.
- Vale Encantado (Enchanted Valley): as well as the land of the giants, it is one of the railway scene.
- Vila Esperança (Hope Village): tribute to Azorean community - people who welcomed the Beto Carrero World. Playing a small village in the interior. Some buildings of the scenario were real houses before construction of the park.
- Vila Árabe (Arab Village): A palace and its sultan, honoring the Arab community.
- Mundo Mágico Das Aves (Magical World of Birds): New appeal of Beto Carrero World. The visitor can enter a huge nursery and close to see several species of birds. Along the way, a detailed landscaping includes bridges, waterfalls, rivers and trees.
Antigas Atrações (Former Attractions)
- África Misteriosa: Inside a huge theater located in the middle of the jungle, the show included acrobatics, dances and animals. It was located in the Animal World and lasted for 45 minutes.
- Trem Fantasma: Typical toy theme parks. It was in the Extreme Adventure and had three floors.
- Tapete Mágico: It was located under the theme Extreme Adventure. He led people to the top in a large rotary motion.
- Traum Boat: It was located in German Village. Similar to the famous Kamikaze.
- Animal Actors: Show with trained animals. It was located in the Theatre Mauricio Sirotsky Sobrinho, which has undergone renovations and integrates the area of Madagascar.* Piráguas: A carousel in boats on the water. It was in the Animal World.
- Segura Peão: infantile attraction where a small mechanical horse walked a route. I was in the Wild West.
- Império da Águas: Similar to the new toy "Crazy River", walked through a stream.
- Products Beto Carrero
- Public Telephones
- Shuttle train at Park
- Bradesco Bank
- Meeting Points
- Movies / Camera / Revelation
- Information and Service
- Pharmacy / Clinic
- Guard Volumes
- Baby Care / Nursery
- Coffee shops
- Ice Cream
- In Photos Attraction
The Beto Carrero World has sung with various events, the most visited being the Thriller Nights, a tribute to the king of pop Michael Jackson, and the Island of Darkness, where the Island Of Pirates is fully thematized with dark tones and scary.
- 'Thriller Nights' (2009)
- 'Island of Darkness' (2010-2011)
- 'Dream Valley' '(2012-2013)
The complex Beto Carrero World tells a motocross track and an international kart track, designed by German Herman Tilke. The Karting has a bowling alley, shops and restaurants. In 2011, it received 500 Miles Kart, an important event that brings together the leading celebrities of motorsport and Brazil. The Autódromo Internacional is already designed and its construction should begin in the coming months. There is great possibility of this racetrack host the Brazil Grand Prix Formula 1 already in 2016.
In November 2011, during a performance car called "Extreme Show", a motorcyclist hit a car during the presentation and gave three pirouettes in the air. They were unharmed both the motorcyclist and the driver's car.
In February 2013, the student Fernanda Dryer, 23, had the scalp ripped off while riding a go-kart at the Beto Carrero World theme park. Her hair ended up screwing the engine of the kart.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Beto Carrero World.|
- [] - Página do Parque, com links para as fichas do Dum-Dum, Firewhip, Star World Mountain e Tigor Mountain.
- Luíza Fregapani (December 26, 2013). "Maior parque temático da América Latina está localizado em Penha" (in Portuguese). G1. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- G1 (July 15, 2014). "Ranking mundial tem 6 parques aquáticos e de diversão brasileiros" (in Portuguese). G1. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- Velozes e Furiosos Show (Fast and Furious Show)
- Portal da Escuridão (Portal of Darkness)
- O Sonho do Cowboy (The Cowboy's Dream)
- Madagascar Circus Show
- Mundo Animal (Animal World)
- Velho Oeste (Old West)
- Ilha dos Piratas (Pirates' Island)
- Aventura Radical (Extreme Adventure)
- "Beto Carrero World participates fair, reveals better half of all and announces inauguration of the new area of Madagascar". August 9, 2013.