|Publicly traded (Aktiebolag)|
|Traded as||Nasdaq Stockholm: BETS B|
|Founded||Sweden (December 3, 1963 )|
|Founder||Bill Lindwall and Rolf Lundström|
( CEO since September 4, 2017)
|Revenue||Euro 402.3 M SEK 3,722 M (2015)|
|Euro 95.8 M SEK 886.4 M (2015)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Betsson Malta Ltd|
|Footnotes / references|
Annual Report 2015
Betsson AB is a Swedish company that offers a number of online gambling products, such as casino, poker, bingo, sports betting and scratch cards through more than 20 online gaming brands including Betsson, Betsafe and NordicBet. Betsson AB is listed on the NASDAQ Stockholm Large Cap List.
Betsson AB can trace its roots back to 1963, and the foundation of AB Restaurang Rouletter by Bill Lindwall and Rolf Lundström, later renamed Cherryföretagen AB (Cherry), which provided slot machines to restaurants in Sweden. Cherry acquired a minority share of Net Entertainment in 1998, which was a company co-founded with Investment AB Kinnevik, tasked with developing online gaming solutions. The rest of the shares in Net Entertainment held by Kinnevik was acquired by Cherry in 2000, making Kinnevik the largest shareholder of Cherry in the process. In 2003, after the return of Pontus Lindwall (son of Bill Lindwall), as the CEO of Cherry, the company buys into Betsson (founded by Henrik Bergquist, Anders Holmgren and Fredrik Sidfalk), which had a gaming licence in England at that time, and later acquires a license in Malta. In 2006, Cherryföretagen changes its name to Betsson and the traditional gaming operation in the business sector of Cherry merges into a new group, Cherryföretagen, which later shortens the name back to Cherry and launches its own online sector based in Malta. Ulrik Bengtsson stepped up as CEO of Betsson in March 2016, and took over after Pontus Lindwall, who has stayed on as chairman of the board. Ulrik Bengtsson stepped down as CEO on 09.04.2017 and was succeeded by Pontus Lindwall. As a consequence, Patric Svensk was appointed Chairman of the Board after Pontus. 
In November 2017, Betsson signed a deal with Scout gaming to integrate its daily fantasy sports platform across all its brands, including BetSafe, its UK facing online bookmaker. The integration is expected to be completed by 2018.
In 2011 the company acquired all of the shares in the Betsafe Group for SEK 292 M. The aim of the acquisition was to increase Betsson's market presence and enable continued growth. The acquisition grew Betsson's number of customers to approximately 419,000 — surpassing Unibet in the number of active players. That same year Betsson signed an agreement with a Chinese state-owned company regarding the development of joint-owned gaming operations.
- "2015 Annual Report" (PDF). Betsson AB. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "About | Betsson Group". www.betssongroup.com. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- "Koncernstruktur - Betsson AB". Solid Info. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "About Us". Betsson. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- http://cherry.se/en/cherrys-history/%7C Cherry. Retrieved 7 April 2017
- "BETSSON AB - Grunddata" (in Swedish). Solid Info. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
Registrering och aktivering: Bildat 1963-12-02 BV, Namn registrerat 2006-06-13 BV
- "History". Betsson. Archived from the original on 2014-09-14. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Betsson - superaktien som stigit över 11 000 procent" (in Swedish). Svenska Dagbladet. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Tar hem spelet" (in Swedish). Affärsvärlden. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Om Betsson" (in Swedish). Betsson AB. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Betsson signs deal to integrate daily fantasy sports platform". BestBettingSites.uk. 27 November 2017. Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- "Annual Report 2011" (PDF). Betsson AB. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Betsson i ledande roll" (in Swedish). Dagens Nyheter. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Betsson completes £26 million acquisition of NetPlay TV". SBC News. 2017-03-31. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- Betsson AB Corporate information