Bettanin & Venturi
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Vigasio, Verona, Italy|
|Products||shoes and leather goods|
Bettanin & Venturi is an Italian family and artisan company that manufactures exclusive luxury men's shoes. Founded by Giuseppe Bettanin and Gianna Venturi in 1994, Bettanin & Venturi's workshop is located in Vigasio in the Province of Verona (Italy).
It is known for very refined leather colorings. The brand has a limited distribution in the world: in the United States, it is an exclusive of Barneys New York. The company also makes a line of accessories with finishes similar to those of their shoes.
The company's products have occasionally been used in fiction as examples of the sine qua non of the footwear of the ultra-rich, e.g.:
Like the authentic rich, this duo placed comfort ahead of appearance. The key was their footwear. The younger man wore the distinctive boat-shaped Bettanin & Venturi loafers, handmade in Italy. And he wore them without socks, as if he didn't care whether they fell victim to sweat, sand, or saltwater.
An hour and forty-five minutes later, the Teacher stood in front of a floor-length triple mirror in Barneys. “Does the gentleman like what he sees?” the salesman asked. The navy cashmere suit the Teacher now wore was a Gianluca Isaia, the bootlicker had told him in the loving, reverent tones of a saint uttering the name of God. The silk shirt was a Battistoni, the cap-toed lace-ups from Bettanin and Venturi. He had to admit, he looked pretty darn good. James Bond–suave. Like the latest actor, including new blond hair, thanks to the cut and dye job. “The gentlemen loves what he sees,” the Teacher finally said with a grin. “What’s the bill again?”
- Sarah Bernard "550 Pairs and Counting The shoe collection of Michael Millon, Venture Capitalist" New York Magazine, Feb 4, 2007 "How much did they cost? $8,500" 
- "Story". Bettanin & Venturi. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- Jonathan S. Paul "The Remix; Inside The Beltway: Take It Up A Notch" New York Times, September 17, 2006. "Bettanin & Venturi, a luxury shoemaker known for flashy leathers, custom-dyes belts to your multicolored wishes...at Barney's" NY Times Select
- "Shoes Lend New Shine to Department Store". Footwear News: 10. 2 June 2004. Archived from the original on 6 April 2012. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- Thomson, Keith (8 March 2011). Twice a Spy: A Novel. Random House Digital, Inc. p. 222. ISBN 978-0-385-53079-8. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- Patterson, James (2 February 2009). Run for Your Life. Little, Brown and Company. p. 400. ISBN 978-0-099-51463-3. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- Mestieri d'arte e Made in Italy. Marsilio Editori, 2009.
|This Italian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a fashion brand, house, corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|