Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
|Founded||Parsippany, New Jersey, U.S. (July 2008)|
|Sherry Chris, CEO|
In 1978, Meredith Corporation, one of the nation’s leading media and marketing companies and publisher of Better Homes and Gardens® magazine, launched the former Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate Service. Meredith owned and operated Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate Service from 1978 to 1998. Meredith then sold the real estate business in 1998 to GMAC Home Services Inc., a subsidiary of GMAC Financial Services, while retaining the Better Homes and Gardens® name. GMAC was given the right to use the Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate Service name for up to 10 years after the sale, after which it was phased out.
In October 2007, Meredith Corporation granted Realogy the right to license the Better Homes and Gardens name and related trademarks for 100 years. Realogy re-launched the Better Homes and Gardens franchise network on July 1, 2008 and named Sherry Chris, then COO of Coldwell Banker, CEO and president of the newly launched company. 
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate was the fifth residential real estate brand launched by Realogy.
The Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate network is composed of independently owned and operated franchises. The network includes several large companies.
The network has grown substantially since its reintroduction in 2008 and expanded into Canada in 2011. Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate's corporate offices are based in Madison, New Jersey. Today, the franchise has hundreds of offices and thousands of affiliated real estate agents located throughout the U.S., Canada and Australia.
- "Better Homes and Gardens gets real estate makeover | Inman News". Inman.com. July 23, 2008. Retrieved June 28, 2012.
- "Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC". RISMedia. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- "Realogy Corporation to License Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Brand". RIS Media. October 9, 2007. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- Swanepoel, Stefan (October 12, 2007). "Real Estate Branding: A Gallery of Better Red Homes, Carpets and Gardens". RISMedia. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- "Sherry Chris to Lead Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Brand". RIS Media. RIS Media. October 11, 2007. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- "Zillow Picks Influential Real Estate Industry Leaders to Broker Advisory Board". RISMedia. July 21, 2008. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- Roberts, Jr., Glenn (October 10, 2011). "Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Goes Global". Inman. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- "Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Adds New Mexico Brokerage at Nation's "Four Corners"". Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate. January 20, 2016. Retrieved February 20, 2016.