Better Love (Katerine Duska song)
|Single by Katerine Duska|
|Released||6 March 2019|
|Katerine Duska singles chronology|
|Eurovision Song Contest 2019 entry|
|◄ "Oniro mou" (2018)|
"Better Love" is a song performed by Greek-Canadian singer Katerine Duska. The song represented Greece in the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 in Tel Aviv, where it placed 21st in the final with 74 points. It was released on 6 March 2019.
Musical and lyrical content
"Better Love" was written by Duska, Greek singer-songwriter Leon of Athens, and Scottish singer-songwriter David Sneddon. The song was described by ERT, Greece's competing broadcaster, as a song about higher love, more specifically unconditional and unapologetic love. Duska explained that the song was meant to express a form of invitation, or embrace, to understand about love and what love actually means. The song was written in D-sharp.
Duska was announced as the Greek representative at the central news program of ERT on February 14, 2019, while the song title was revealed two days after. The official video clip was shown on 6 March 2019, on a special show for ERT's new program.
In Tel Aviv
The Eurovision Song Contest 2019 took place at the Expo Tel Aviv in Tel Aviv, Israel and consisted of two semi-finals on 14 and 16 May, and the final on 18 May 2019. According to Eurovision rules, each country, except the host country and the "Big 5" (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom), will be required to qualify from one of two semi-finals to compete for the final; the top ten countries from each semi-final will progress to the final. In January 2019, it was announced that "Better Love" would be performed in the second half of the first semi-final on 14 May 2019. The song was set to perform in running order 16, after Portugal's 'Telemoveis' and before San Marino's 'Say Na Na Na'. It was performed during the first semi-final on 14 May 2019, and qualified for the final. It finished in 21st place with 74 points.
|Greece (Airplay Chart)||18|
|Greece (Digital Single Chart)||4|
- Argyriou, Giannis (21 February 2019). "Greece: Better Love to be released on 6th of March". eurovisionfun.
- "This is Katerine Duska's 'Better Love' Eurovision entry for Greece". eurovision.tv. Retrieved 2019-03-25.
- Christou, Constantinou (6 March 2019). "Greece: Better Love is released!". ESCXTRA.
- "Eurovision Song Contest Tel Aviv 2019". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "Rules – Eurovision Song Contest". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2019 – First Semi-Final". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2019 – Second Semi-Final". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- Zwart, Josianne (28 January 2019). "Eurovision 2019: Which country takes part in which Semi-Final?". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "Exclusive: This is the Eurovision 2019 Semi-Final running order!". eurovision.tv. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- "First Semi-Final: 10 acts qualify for Eurovision 2019 Grand Final". Eurovision.tv. 14 May 2019. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "Official IFPI Airplay Chart Week 12". 18 March 2019.
- "Official IFPI Chart Digital Singles Chart". 18 March 2019.
|This article about the Eurovision Song Contest is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|