Better Things to Do
|"Better Things to Do"|
|Single by Terri Clark|
|from the album Terri Clark|
|B-side||"Tyin' a Heart to a Tumbleweed"|
|Released||July 10, 1995|
|Songwriter(s)||Terri Clark, Tom Shapiro, Chris Waters|
|Producer(s)||Chris Waters, Keith Stegall|
|Terri Clark singles chronology|
"Better Things to Do" is a song written by Tom Shapiro, Chris Waters, and co-written and recorded by Canadian country music artist Terri Clark. It was released in July 1995 as her debut single and served as the lead-off single to her self-titled debut album. It was a Top 10 hit on both the U.S. and Canadian country charts, where it peaked at number 3 on both.
"Better Things to Do" is an up-tempo song about a narrator who realizes that she has "better things to do" than to sit around and cry over her ended relationship. At the same time, her man wants her back, thinking she's lost without him.
Terri Clark's first music video was released for the song, directed by Michael Merriman. In the video, Clark is shown playing her guitar out in the desert as her ex is attempting to use a payphone to reach her. Later, she hops into her jeep and drives in circles around him as he pleads for her to come back to him. Eventually she drives off, leaving him in a cloud of dust.
"Better Things to Do" debuted at number 72 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of July 15, 1995.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||64|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||38|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. pp. 95–96. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, July 15, 1995
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 2785." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 23, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Terri Clark – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Terri Clark.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1995". RPM. December 18, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Best of 1995: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.