|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
|Related names||Elizabeth, Tina, Beth|
|Look up Bettina in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bettina can be found in the Italian language originating from the name Benedetta. Benedetta is the feminine form of Benedict which means blessed. (M-Benedetto/L-Benedictus/E-Benedict). The German version of Bettina comes from the Hebrew name Elizabeth. In its older form Elizabeth was known as Elisheba and Elisheva.
There are several variants for the name Bettina: Battina, Betiana, Betina, Bettine, Ina and Tina. However, the common nicknames for Elizabeth and Benedetta such as Betty, Bette and Beth are also used for Bettina.
It also was the professional name of Simone Micheline Graziani, one of the most famous fashion models of the 1950s and an early muse of designer Hubert de Givenchy - Simone was given the name "Bettina" by designer Pierre Balmain.
- Bettina Baumer (b. 1940), Austrian scholar of religion
- Bettina d'Andrea (b. unknown, d. 1335), Italian lawyer and professor
- Bettina Sabatini (b. 1966), Italian marathon runner
- Bettina Werner (b 1965) artistic
- Bettina Boateng Afari : Broadcast News Journalist, Host, Motivational Speaker, Philanthropist , Entrepreneur