Amann in Asphalt (1929)
March 10, 1905
|Died||August 3, 1990
Westport, Connecticut, U.S.
|Other names||Bee Amann
|Spouse(s)||David B. Stillman (?– his death)|
In Germany, she played together with Gustav Fröhlich, the female role in Asphalt (1929) directed by Joe May. May and producer Erich Pommer discovered her talent for the German film industry. Also in the first sound film, she worked further in Germany, with Hans Albers as the detective Hans in allen Gassen, directed by Carl Frölich.
After 1931, she worked in England, appearing in the Alfred Hitchcock film Rich and Strange (1931). One of her last appearances in the German film was in 1933 in Schleppzug M 17. Her last role was in Isle of Forgotten Sins (1943), directed by Edgar G. Ulmer.
In 1987, Betty Amann received the German award Filmband in Gold for her long and outstanding work and performance for the German film.
- The Kick-Off (1926)
- The Trail of the Horse Thieves (1928)
- Asphalt (1929)
- The Convict from Istanbul (1929)
- The White Devil (1930)
- Gefährliche Romanze (1930)
- The Great Longing (1930)
- O alte Burschenherrlichkeit (1930)
- Hans in allen Gassen (1930)
- Niebezpieczny romans (1930)
- The Perfect Lady (1931)
- Das Lied der Nationen (1931)
- Strictly Business (1931)
- Rich and Strange (German title Endlich sind wir reich) (1931)
- The Big Bluff (1933)
- Die kleine Schwindlerin (1933)
- Schleppzug M 17 (1933)
- Daughters of Today (1933)
- Strictly in Confidence (1933)
- In Old Mexico (1938)
- Nancy Drew... Reporter (1939)
- Isle of Forgotten Sins (1943)
Amann was married to David B. Stillman until his death in April, 1963.
- Bock, Hans-Michael; Bergfelder, Tim (2009). The concise Cinegraph: encyclopaedia of German cinema. Berghahn Books. p. 10. ISBN 1-57181-655-0.
The daughter of German-American parents, Amman gerw up in the United States...she made her film debut in the college romance The Kick Off
- "DAVID B. STILLMAN, LAWYER, FILM MAN". The New York Times. April 26, 1963. p. 35.
His survivors include his widow, Betty Amann Stillman...