This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Betty Schrampfer Azar is the author of the Azar Grammar Series for students of English as a second or foreign language. A staple in English language teaching for more than three decades, the series is widely used throughout the globe.
Azar is a proponent of Grammar-Based Teaching in which grammar serves as the starting point and foundation for the development of all language skills — speaking, listening, writing, and reading.
The series is entering its fifth edition. With the addition of co-author Stacy A. Hagen in 2006, the series is now known as the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series.
- ESL MiniConference / April 2002 / Achievement Profile: Betty Schrampfer Azar
- TESL-EJ/September 2007/Volume 11/Number 22/Grammar-Based Teaching: A Practitioner's Perspective
- A Description of Grammar-Based Teaching
- Betty Schrampfer Azar and Stacy Hagen (2009) Understanding and Using English Grammar (4th ed.). Pearson Education. ISBN 978-0132333337.
- Betty S. Azar and Stacy Hagen (2011).Fundamentals of English Grammar Pearson Education. ISBN 978-0137071692
- Betty Schrampfer Azar and Stacy Hagen (2014) Basic English Grammar(4th ed.). Pearson Education. ISBN 978-0132942249
|This biography of an American English academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|