||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Betty Schrampfer Azar is the author of the Azar Grammar Series for students of English as a second or foreign language. A staple in English language teaching for more than three decades, the series is widely used throughout the globe.
Azar is a proponent of Grammar-Based Teaching in which grammar serves as the starting point and foundation for the development of all language skills — speaking, listening, writing, and reading.
The series is entering its fifth edition. With the addition of co-author Stacy A. Hagen in 2006, the series is now known as the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series.
- ESL MiniConference / April 2002 / Achievement Profile: Betty Schrampfer Azar
- TESL-EJ/September 2007/Volume 11/Number 22/Grammar-Based Teaching: A Practitioner's Perspective
- A Description of Grammar-Based Teaching
- Betty Schrampfer Azar and Stacy Hagen (2009) Understanding and Using English Grammar (4th ed.). Pearson Education. ISBN 978-0132333337.
- Betty S. Azar and Stacy Hagen (2011).Fundamentals of English Grammar Pearson Education. ISBN 978-0137071692
- Betty Schrampfer Azar and Stacy Hagen (2014) Basic English Grammar(4th ed.). Pearson Education. ISBN 978-0132942249
|This biography of an American English academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|