B. J. Ward (actress)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|B. J. Ward|
|Born||Betty Jean Ward
September 16, 1944
Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress and singer|
|Agent||SBV Talent Agency|
|Spouse(s)||Donald Trenner (?-?; divorced)
Gordon Hunt (1995-present)
Betty Jean Ward (born September 16, 1944), professionally known as B. J. Ward, is an American actress. She is the creator and star of Stand-Up Opera, a musical one-woman show, as well as being a licensed aviator.
Betty Jean Ward was born in Wilmington, Delaware.
She made her debut on the stage in 1960, in the original off-Broadway production of The Fantasticks, where she was an understudy for the role of Luisa/the Girl. B.J. Ward had gotten the part by calling the producer of the show.
Voice acting career
Ward is best known as a voice actress. Her animation voice credits include:
- Scarlett on G.I. Joe
- The title role on Jana of the Jungle
- Deena Strong on Robo Force— The Revenge of Nazgar
- Betty Ross in The Incredible Hulk
- Panky and Punkin on The Pink Panther and Sons
- Casey Kelp, Celia and Lil' Seaweed in Snorks
- Bjørn's wife in The Little Troll Prince
- Velma in four Scooby-Doo direct-to-DVD films, (Nicole Jaffe would re-assume the role in 2003 and Mindy Cohn would voice the character from 2004 onward).
- Betty Rubble in various Flintstones media throughout the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s.
- Princess Allura, Witch Haggar and all female voices in Voltron (English dub), with the exception of Queen Merla, who is voiced by Tress MacNeille
- Melissa Duck in The Duxorcist on Daffy Duck's Quackbusters
- Lady from The Biskitts
- Violet Gray from Peanuts
- Tom's Owner from Tom and Jerry: The Movie
- Whopper in Pound Puppies
- Butch in The Little Rascals
- Dr. Erica Slade in Sky Commanders
- Elektra in Space Stars
- Harmond in TaleSpin
- Tommy Stubbins in The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle
- Mrs. Brown in Paddington Bear
- Mage, Halinor in W.I.T.C.H.
- Teresa Bobcat (Bubsy's niece) and Ally Cassandra in the Bubsy pilot episode.
- Fanny Frog in Saturday Supercade (Frogger segment)
- Iris the computer in The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
- Winnie Woodpecker in The New Woody Woodpecker Show
- Small Foot in Challenge of the GoBots
- Glinda the Good Witch of the North in The Wizard of Oz
- Wonder Woman in The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians
- Shaggy's Mom, Sugie, Evil Babysitter, Rona Lickton and others in A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
- Grumpella in The Little Engine That Could
- The Queen of Hearts in The Pagemaster (Her only line is to scream "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" at Richard Tyler, the main character of the movie)
- Singing voice of Judy Jetson in Rockin' with Judy Jetson
- Googie and Repulsa in Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf
- Rusty Nails in The Good, the Bad, and Huckleberry Hound
- Galli in Gallavants
- Megellenic in The Pebble and the Penguin
- Mrs.Bucktooth in Christopher and Holly a.k.a. The Bears Who Saved Christmas
- Aunt Margaret in Curious George
- Joel's mother in Ben 10 (Episode "Big Fat Alien Wedding")
- Queen Bea in 2 Stupid Dogs (Episode "Queen Bea")
- M3 in Batman: The Animated Series (episode "The Lion and the Unicorn")
- Witch Hag in Samurai Jack (Episode XXX)
- Mayor Waters in The Spectacular Spider-Man (Episode "Persona")
- Doctor Bittersweet in Totally Spies (Episode "Passion Patties")
- Duke's Mom, Connie Hauser in G.I. Joe: Renegades (Episode "Homecoming Part One")
- Dr. Asinovskovich, Lady, and Woman in Regular Show (Episode "Grilled Cheese Deluxe")
- The Mistress of Baskerville Manor in Droopy, Master Detective (Episode "Sherlock Droopy")
- Brunhilda Bear and Buttercup Bear in The New Yogi Bear Show (Episode "Yogi De Beargerac")
- Raye Fay in Monster in My Pocket: The Big Scream
- Additional voices in The Bugs Bunny Show
- Additional voices in Mighty Max
- Additional voices in Captain Planet and the Planeteers
Video game career
She has also done voices for video games, including:
- Grandia II
- Dark Chronicle
- Jade Empire
- Demon Stone
- Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage
- Baldur's Gate II
- Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
- Onimusha 3, Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Other acting and singing work
In addition, she has also done voiceovers for theme parks, including:
- Voices for Epcot Center and Euro Disney
- The narration of the former PeopleMover attraction at Disneyland.
- "Mother" in the 1993 version of the Carousel of Progress.
- Some of the singing voices ("Burrow's Rabbit", opossums and rabbits) in Splash Mountain
- The current voice guide for It's a Small World
- She was also the safety narrator for Spaceship Earth from 1994-2007
She also sings the song "Help Your Wish Along" from the Shining Time Station episode "Becky Makes a Wish".
|Velma Dinkley voice
Constance Cawlfield (1984-1985)
|Actress to voice Wonder Woman
Mary McDonald-Lewis (1988)