This article possibly contains original research. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Children||Janet Shine, Geoffrey Shine|
Shine is best known for her "Mind" series of books including Mind to Mind (1989), Mind Magic (1991) and Mind Waves. Together, the first two books spent 19 weeks in The Sunday Times Top 10 best seller lists.
She started her global Healing Network, along with her daughter, Janet Shine who continues the network and continues to make Betty Shine materials available.
It may be possible that in the Rosicrucian tradition that Betty Shine is referring to in relation to Icke, the term "Son of God" (or "Daughter of God") simply means someone who has purified themselves and developed such high levels of self-sacrifice that they have reached a level of consciousness that rises above bodily desires and selfishness to the greater good and the brotherhood of mankind. In his book The Great Initiates, French philosopher Édouard Schuré, indicates that Hindu, Egyptian and Ancient Greek initiation traditions use the description "Son of God" to mean "a consciousness identical with divine truth, a will capable of manifesting it".
Icke directly compared himself to Jesus Christ whilst being interviewed on Wogan in 1991. Icke appeared on the show in a turquoise tracksuit and claiming to be "a son of the Godhead". When the studio audience began to laugh, Wogan responded, "They're not laughing with you; they're laughing at you."
Shine died on 26 March 2002 of heart failure.
- Mind to Mind (1989)
- Mind Magic (1991)
- Mind Waves (1993)
- Mind Workbook
- My Life as a Medium (1996)
- The Infinite Mind
- Clear your Mind
- Free your Mind
- A Mind of Your Own (1998)
- A Free Spirit (2002)
- Biography for Betty Shine, Random House author page.
- Linda Joffee article "She's so down-to-earth... it's spooky", The Independent, 14 January 1993[dead link]
- Katy Rice "Gone but not forgotten", The Argus, 30 April 2012
- "Betty and Janet Shine's Spiritual Healing Network; Healing Books and Spiritual Tapes Available". Bettyshine.co.uk. Retrieved 20 August 2020.
- "The 10 worst decisions in the history of sport", The Observer Sport Monthly, 12 January 2003
- Schuré, Édouard, 1841-1929. The Great Initiates. Translation of Les grands initiés © 1961 by Rudolf Steiner Publications Inc., printed by Harper & Rowe Publishers, New York.
- "David Icke on Wogan (Complete Interview)". YouTube. Retrieved 20 August 2020.
- Hogan, Michael (13 January 2018). "Sir Terry Wogan's 10 best TV moments". Telegraph.co.uk.
- "Sir Terry's long career on radio". BBC News. 7 September 2009. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Best Wogan chat show interviews: George Best turns up drunk, David Icke 'son of god'". Telegraph.co.uk. 31 January 2016.
- "Betty and Janet Shine's Spiritual Healing Network - Official Website". Archived from the original on 7 May 2013. Retrieved 27 June 2006.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)