Between the Buried and Me (album)
|Between the Buried and Me|
|Studio album by Between the Buried and Me|
|Released||April 30, 2002|
|Recorded||December 2001–January 2002|
|Studio||The Basement Studios, Rural Hall, North Carolina|
|Genre||Math metal, grindcore, death metal, hardcore punk|
|Between the Buried and Me chronology|
|Mind Equals Blown||7.5/10|
Between the Buried and Me is the debut studio album by American progressive metal band Between the Buried and Me. It was produced by Jamie King and was released on April 30, 2002 through Lifeforce Records, and contains re-recordings of all the songs that were on the group's 2001 3-track demo.
The songs on the album demonstrate numerous concepts—one of which, the song "Arsonist", was written about their strong feelings against the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas, which has become well known as a controversial religious organization and hate group.
A music video was released for the song "Aspirations".
All lyrics written by Tommy Rogers; all music composed by Between the Buried and Me.
|1.||"More of Myself to Kill"||6:54|
|4.||"What We Have Become"||5:09|
|5.||"Fire for a Dry Mouth"||6:10|
|6.||"Naked by the Computer"||5:40|
|7.||"Use of a Weapon"||4:55|
|8.||"Shevanel Cut a Flip"||9:31|
- Between the Buried and Me
- Tommy Giles Rogers – lead vocals, keyboards
- Paul Waggoner – lead guitar, rhythm guitar, vocals
- Nick Fletcher - rhythm guitar
- Jason King - bass guitar
- Will Goodyear - drums, clean vocals
- Produced by Jamie King
- Jason D. Taylor. "Between the Buried and Me - Between the Buried and Me". AllMusic. Retrieved January 11, 2014.
- "BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME Albums Ranked". Prog Sphere. Retrieved January 17, 2018.
- Hoffmeyer, Corey (October 10, 2012). "Between the Buried and Me: Between the Buried and Me". Mind Equals Blown. Retrieved August 17, 2014.