Betws yn Rhos
|Betws yn Rhos
Saint Michael's Church
|Betws yn Rhos shown within Conwy|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Betws yn Rhos is located about 5 miles (8.0 km) inland between the coastal towns of Abergele and Colwyn Bay. Until 1974 it formed part of Denbighshire, but subsequent local government reorganisations saw it administered as part of Clwyd from 1974 to 1996, before its current administration as part of Conwy County Borough. At the 2001 census the population was 944, increasing to 1,052 at the 2011 census.
Betws yn Rhos is home to a football team who play in the Clwyd Football League. Betws yn Rhos enjoyed a good first season 2007/08 but have since been unable to recapture their form in the 2008/09 In the summer of 2011 Craig Hughes took over Betws yn Rhos FC, to become their 4th manager in the last 5 seasons. In 2011/12 the boundaries also changed and Betws yn Rhos now play in the newly formed Clwyd/Conwy Division.
- Tom Duffy, part-time boxer, born in the village
- T. Gwynn Jones (1871-1949), bard, scholar and journalist, who was born at 'Y Gwyndy Uchaf'
- Roger Pinney, BBC hack.
- Bruce Jones, former Coronation Street actor, played Les Battersby
- Robert Atkinson, local DJ
Gerwyn Roberts, part time swimwear model and chairman of North Wales Arsenal supporters club
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Betws yn Rhos.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Betws yn Rhos.|
- A Vision of Britain Through Time
- British Listed Buildings
- Clwyd Churches: Betws yn Rhos
- Clwyd Churches: Bryn-y-maen
- Clwyd Churches: Llaneilian-yn-Rhos
- Eastern Conwy Churches Survey: Betws yn Rhos
- Eastern Conwy Churches Survey: Llanelian-yn-Rhos
- Office for National Statistics
|This Conwy County Borough location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|