Beulah, Wyoming seen from Old Highway 14
|• Total||0.55 sq mi (1.4 km2)|
|• Land||0.55 sq mi (1.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||3,520 ft (1,070 m)|
|• Density||130/sq mi (51/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1585416|
Beulah is a census-designated place (CDP) in eastern Crook County, Wyoming, United States, along Sand Creek, a tributary of the Belle Fourche River. According to local residents, the population is 33. When the 2010 Census reported the population as 73, the highway sign at the town entrance was changed. In 2012, Beulah residents succeeded in appealing to the Wyoming Governor to remove the new sign and replace it with one that proclaimed the population to be 33.
Beulah lies along local roads near Interstate 90, northeast of the town of Sundance, the county seat of Crook County. Its elevation is 3,520 feet (1,073 m), and it is located at (44.5444299, -104.0891020). Although Beulah is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 82712.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 0.55 square miles (1.4 km2), all of it land.
Beulah has gained some notoriety for holding an un-documented World Record breaking series of motorcycle burnout competitions while the motorcycles are lifted to forty foot plus heights with construction equipment.
Public education in the community of Beulah is provided by Crook County School District #1.
- "2012 City Population and Housing Occupancy Status". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 116.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Beulah, Wyoming
- Zip Code Lookup Archived June 15, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Jackson Bolstad (August 7, 2014). "Bikers enjoy burnouts, pulled pork on Wyoming Wednesday". Rapid City Journal. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- Climate Summary for Beulah, Wyoming
|This article about a location in Wyoming is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|