|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Labels||Blackheart, DVL, Evilive|
|Associated acts||Comes with the Fall, Danzig, Jerry Cantrell, Madfly, The Mercy Clinic, MonstrO, Still Rain|
Bevan Davies is an American musician best known as the drummer for the groups Still Rain, Madfly, Comes with the Fall and Danzig while he is currently a member of MonstrO, a group he formed with former members of Bloodsimple and Torche. Previously, Davies had also been a touring drummer for Jerry Cantrell, Static-X, Engelbert Humperdinck, Cardboard Vampyres, The Mercy Clinic, Invitro and Bloodsimple.
Early career, Still Rain and Mouthpiece (1990–1996)
Bevan Davies began his musical career drumming for Still Rain in the early 1990s. When the band disbanded in 1995, Davies joined the his former Still Rain band mates in Mouthpiece, recording an EP in 1996 before departing the group.
Madfly, Comes with the Fall and Jerry Cantrell (1996–present)
In 1996, Davies joined Madfly, in Atlanta, Georgia, with singer William DuVall, guitarist Nico Constantine and bassist Jeffery Blount. After releasing two albums, Get the Silver and White Hot in the Black, the band became Comes with the Fall in 1999 with Adam Stanger replacing Jeffery Blount on bass.
The group recorded their self-titled album in Atlanta, a year later, before relocating to Los Angeles, California. Their self-titled album was released the same year through DuVall's DVL Records.
In 2001, Comes with the Fall were announced as the main support, along with Swarm, for Jerry Cantrell's solo tour. When Cantrell's then solo band mates, bassist Robert Trujillo and drummer Mike Bordin, are unavailable for shows, he enlisted Stranger and Davies to perform as his backing band. They toured with Cantrell throughout 2001.
The Year is One, the band's second album, was released later in the year to positive reviews. The following year, Comes with the Fall were announced to be Cantrell's opening and backing band for his tour in support of Degradation Trip, Cantrell's second solo album. Comes with the Fall toured with Cantrell throughout 2002, while they released a live album, titled Live 2002, the same year. A live DVD Live Underground 2002 towards the end of the 2003 and they planned to record and release a new album by 2004.
In February 2007, the band announced their first tour dates in three-and-a-half years, performing material from their EP, The Reckoning as well as their unreleased album. They released the album, Beyond the Last Light, the same year.
During a Comes with the Fall tour in 2003, Davies left the group to join Danzig, with drummer Brian Hunter doing double duty performing with Dropsonic and Comes with the Fall. Though Davies was announced as an official member of Danzig, he would still be a member of Comes with the Fall with DuVall stating that his departure was only temporary.
Davies recorded an album with Danzig in 2004, titled Circle of Snakes, which was released on August 31 the same year. He continued to tour with the group, playing at the reunion shows of Glenn Danzig and Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein, before departing in 2005. Davies rejoined Danzig in 2010 for the Blackest Of The Black Tour.
In 2010, Davies formed MonstrO with former Bloodsimple bassist Kyle Sanders, former Torche guitarist Juan Montoya and vocalist Charlie Suarez. They posted two songs for streaming, titled "Anchors Up!" and "April", on their MySpace and made their live debut a Lenny’s bar in Atlanta. MonstrO released their debut album, produced by William DuVall, on Vagrant Records in 2011 and toured the United States with Kyuss Lives!, Black Tusk, The Sword, Clutch, Hellyeah, Kyng, Danzig and Alice In Chains.
In 2004, Davies toured as Engelbert Humperdinck's drummer during a US tour while in 2005, Davies joined Cardboard Vampyres, a cover band formed by Jerry Cantrell and Billy Duffy before joining The Mercy Clinic, formed by Patrick Lachman.
Davies temporarily joined Static-X, filling in for injured drummer Nick Oshiro in 2007, as well as Invitro the same year, filling in for Bennie Cancino on the Family Values Tour. He would later join Bloodsimple as drummer on their tour of the US, UK and Australia. In 2009, Davies rejoined Static-X for an Australian tour and became a member of Wayne Static's solo band in 2013 for Static's final United States tour. Davies recorded drums in 2009 for Lady Gaga's performance on Much Music's Award show. In 2014, Davies recorded drums for a W.A.S.P. song to be included on the next W.A.S.P. album.
Still Rain Bitter Black Water 1995
|Get the Silver||1996||Killing Floor Records||Madfly|
|White Hot in the Black||1998||Blackheart|
|Comes with the Fall||2000||DVL||Comes with the Fall|
|The Year is One||2001|
|Live 2002 (live album)||2002|
|Circle of Snakes||2004||Evilive||Danzig|
|The Reckoning (extended play)||2006||DVL||Comes with the Fall|
|Beyond the Last Light||2007|
|2003||Live Underground 2002||DVL|
- "Biography". bevandavies.com. Retrieved November 3, 2010.
- Prato, Greg. "Comes with the Fall Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- "DANZIG Land New Drummer". Blabbermouth.net. June 15, 2003.
- "Former BLOODSIMPLE, TORCHE Members Join Forces In MONSTRO". Blabbermouth.net. March 30, 2010.
- "STATIC-X Recruits Former DANZIG Drummer". Blabbermouth.net. April 23, 2007.
- "CARDBOARD VAMPYRES Add Bandmembers". Blabbermouth.net. May 19, 2005.
- "Former DANZIG/JERRY CANTRELL Drummer To Perform With INVITRO On FAMILY VALUES Tour". Blabbermouth.net. July 30, 2007.
- "BLOODSIMPLE Frontman Discusses Upcoming Album". Blabbermouth.net. August 29, 2007.
- Radford, Chad (April 13, 2010). "With Alice in Chains, William DuVall finds his audience". Creative Loafing.
- Rosen, Steven (September 25, 2009). "Alice In Chains: 'We All Have Very High Standards For Ourselves'". Ultimate Guitar Archive.
- "Archive News". Blabbermouth.net. March 7, 2001.
- Christopher, Michael (September 23, 2003). "Banged up but still unbreakable: Comes with the Fall". PopMatters.
- "Former ALICE IN CHAINS Axeman Taps COMES WITH THE FALL For Upcoming Gig". Blabbermouth.net. March 6, 2002.
- "Former ALICE IN CHAINS Axeman Rehearsing For Upcoming Gig, Tour Details To Be Announced Shortly". Blabbermouth.net. March 10, 2002.
- "ALICE IN CHAINS Singer WILLIAM DUVALL To Hit The Road With COMES WITH THE FALL". Blabbermouth.net. February 24, 2007.
- "DANZIG To Return To The Studio This Month". Blabbermouth.net. January 13, 2004.
- "DANZIG Set Release Date For 'Circle Of Snakes'". Blabbermouth.net. July 7, 2004.
- "Video: Ex-Bloodsimple and Torche Members debut MonstrO at Lenny’s Bar in Atlanta". The Silver Tongue. April 25, 2010.
- "Former DAMAGEPLAN Singer Launches THE MERCY CLINIC". Blabbermouth.net. August 31, 2005.