|Born||22 March 1977|
George won a gold medal with the Australia national field hockey team (The Kookaburras) at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, and captained The Kookaburras at the 2008 Summer Olympics, where they won a bronze medal. George retired from international competition after the Beijing Games, having played 208 games for Australia.
He was also part of the Australian Junior Team that won the golden medal at the Junior World Cup in Milton Keynes, 1997. George, nicknamed Jethro, played his 100th match for The Kookaburras on 23 May 2004 against Belgium during the European Tour. He was the captain of the team that won the Champions Trophy in December 2005 in Chennai, where he was named Player of the Tournament, as well as captain.
He is a fullback.
He competed in the 2007 Champions Trophy competition for Australia.
In December 2011, he was named as one of fourteen players to be on the 2012 Summer Olympics Australian men's national Olympic development squad. While this squad is not in the top twenty-eight and separate from the Olympic training coach, the Australian coach Ric Charlesworth did not rule out selecting from only the training squad, with players from the Olympic development having a chance at possibly being called up to represent Australia at the Olympics. He trained with the team from 18 January to mid-March in Perth, Western Australia.
- 2000 - Champions Trophy, Amstelveen (5th place)
- 2001 - Champions Trophy, Rotterdam (2nd place)
- 2002 - World Cup, Kuala Lumpur (2nd place)
- 2002 - Commonwealth Games, Manchester (1st place)
- 2002 - Champions Trophy, Cologne (5th place)
- 2003 - Champions Trophy, Amstelveen (2nd place)
- 2004 - Olympic Games, Athens (1st place)
- 2005 - Champions Trophy, Chennai (1st place)
- 2006 - Commonwealth Games, Melbourne (1st place)
- 2006 - Champions Trophy, Terrassa (4th place)
- 2006 - World Cup, Mönchengladbach (2nd place)
- 2007 - Champions Trophy, Kuala Lumpur (2nd place)
- 2008 - Olympic Games, Beijing (3rd place)
- Kookaburras' captain a bush ace
- Charlesworth to remodel Kookaburras side Archived 26 August 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Ex-Kookaburra captain Bevan George lured for one more stint
- Kookaburras take out gold Archived 5 September 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- Jeffery, Nicole (4 January 2010). "Kookaburra laughing". The Australian. Australia. p. 18. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Rucci, Michelangelo (18 February 1999). "Victory wins AIS spot". The Advertiser. Adelaide, Australia. p. 88. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- "Ockenden to miss Trophy But Dancer recalls Wells". Hobart Mercury. Hobart, Australia. 5 October 2007. p. 48. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- Barrow, Tim (15 December 2011). "Govers on his way to London Games - HOCKEY". Illawarra Mercury. Wollongong, Australia. p. 69. Retrieved 14 March 2012.