Bevara Sverige Svenskt
Bevara Sverige Svenskt (BSS, "Keep Sweden Swedish") was a Swedish  movement based in Stockholm and is a slogan used by various Swedish nationalist parties. The stated objective of the BSS movement, and the aim of the slogan, was to initiate a debate in order to stop immigration by non-Europeans and repatriate non-ethnic Swedes. Inspiration came from the post-WW2 fascist organisation Nysvenska Rörelsen created by Per Engdahl.
Founded as a loosely organised network in 1979 by Leif Zeilon, and formalised as an organisation in 1983, BSS was involved with the populist Progress Party (Swedish: Framstegspartiet) in 1986. This co-operation took place under the name Sweden Party (Swedish: Sverigepartiet). This cooperation evolved into the Sweden Democrats (Swedish: Sverigedemokraterna) (SD) in 1988.
Claiming not to be racists, their often aggressive sticker campaigns arguably indicated otherwise with slogans such as "Låt inte din dotter bli en negerleksak" (Don't let your daughter become a negro toy) and "Negrer hotar sina offer" (Negros threaten their victims).
Although the number of members was comparatively small, BSS represented the first organised attempt to reduce immigration and as a result received massive media attention.
The slogan "Keep Sweden Swedish" was taken on by the Sweden Democrats and became prevalent during 2003-2004, when it was used for headlines in the party newspaper "SD Kuriren" and as a slogan on bumper stickers.
- Anna-Lena Lodenius, Stieg Larsson: Extremhögern. Tidens förlag 1991, chapter BSS: en folkkampanj för rasism, ISBN 91-550-3686-4
- Widfeldt, Anders (2015). Extreme Right Parties in Scandinavia. Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-26589-8.
- SvD: ”Fördjupar bilden av Kamprads engagemang”
- Stieg Larsson & Mikael Ekman: Sverigedemokraterna - Den nationella rörelsen ISBN 91-7324-877-0
- Charles Westin: Neo-Nazism in a Welfare State: The Example of Sweden. In Journal of Conflict and Violence Research, Volume 2, 2000
|This Swedish history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|