Beverly Naya on NdaniTV in 2018
Beverly Ifunaya Bassey
17 April 1989
|Residence||Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria|
Beverly Naya (born 17 April 1989) is a British-born Nigerian actress. She won the Most Promising Talent category at the 2010 Best of Nollywood Awards. She also won the award for Fast Rising Actress at the 2011 City People Entertainment Awards.
Beverly Ifunaya Bassey was born in London as the only child to her Nigerian parents. At 17, she began acting while studying philosophy, psychology and sociology at Brunel University. She also studied script-writing and film-making at Roehampton University. In an interview with BellaNaija, she explained that she relocated to Nigeria because of the rapid growth of Nollywood, and the opportunities that it creates for aspiring actors. In another interview, she cited Ramsey Nouah and Genevieve Nnaji as mentors.
She began acting at the age of 17 whilst studying at the Brunel University in Uxbridge, England. In the year 2011, she was named the "fastest rising actress" in the City People Entertainment Awards in Nigeria, when asked why she returned to Nigeria by Encomium Magazine she said and I quote
"After I graduated from university, I just knew that I wanted to act, I knew I wanted to act, and in London I could shoot a film probably once in a year and that's it. Whereas coming to this industry, I can build a brand as well as shoot films more often and be given a more diverse amount of scripts. So, I decided to come back for that reason"
- Guilty Pleasures (2009)
- Death Waters (2012)
- Home in Exile
- Alan Poza
- Forgetting June
- ′′Make a move
- Up Creek Without a Paddle
- Weekend Getaway
- ...When Love Happens (2014)
- Brother's Keeper (2014)
- Before 30 (2015–)
- Oasis (2015)
- Suru L'ere (2016)
- The Wedding Party (2016)
- The Wedding Party 2 (2017)
Awards and nominations
|2014||ELOY Awards||TV Actress of the Year||Tinsel||Nominated|
|2011||City People Entertainment Awards||Fast Rising Actress||Won|
|2010||2010 Best of Nollywood Awards||Most Promising Talent||Won|
- "I was bullied for most part of my formative years- Beverly Naya". Vanguard. 12 December 2013. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Beverly Naya on iMDB". Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Banda, Gbenga (8 July 2010). "Beverly Naya – My Love Life, My Nollywood Dream". Daily Independent. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Njoku, Benjamin (6 August 2011). "What will make me to fall in love Beverly Naya". nigeriafilms.com. Archived from the original on 16 April 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "What I share with Uti Nwachukwu – Nollywood actress, Beverly Naya". punchng.com. Archived from the original on 17 April 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "BN Saturday Celebrity Interview: She’s Sexy, Fierce & Talented! It’s Nollywood Actress Beverly Naya | Bella Naija". bellanaija.com. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "10 Things You Didn't Know About Beverly Naya – Youth Village Nigeria". Youth Village Nigeria. 5 May 2016. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- "Fast rising Nollywood actress, Beverly Naya speaks on her career". Encomium Magazine. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- "Guilty Pleasures | Nollywood REinvented". Nollywood REinvented. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "OASIS TV SERIES SET TO PREMIERE ON OCTOBER 31". eafrique. Entertainment Afrique. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- "Seyi Shay, Toke Makinwa, Mo'Cheddah, DJ Cuppy, Others Nominated". Pulse Nigeria. Chinedu Adiele. Retrieved 20 October 2014.