|Beverly 'Bevy' Smith|
November 2, 1966 |
Harlem, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Television host, business-woman|
|Known for||Fashion Queens|
Beverly 'Bevy' Smith (born November 2, 1966) is an American television personality and business woman. She is best known for her work as a co-host on Bravo's fashion-themed talk show Fashion Queens. Smith is the creator of "Dinner with Bevy," a dinner party series in which she brings together people from across entertainment, fashion and media.
Life and career
Bevy Smith was born, raised, and still resides in Harlem, New York. Smith would later become the senior director of immigration advertising at Rolling Stone and fashion and beauty advertising director for Vibe magazine. Smith had been cast in Tim Gunn's Guide to Style but ended up passing on the opportunity. She also had a planned series on Oxygen, titled Bevy: Queen of Shops, but she also passed on that offer. Bevy later accepted a job at BET prior to her becoming a co-host on Fashion Queens.
On February 18, 2012, as a BET News correspondent, Smith hosted BET Remembers Whitney Houston. The live special featured Smith as she interviewed several friends of Houston to share memories. In February and September 2012, Smith appeared as a guest on the VH1 talk show, Big Morning Buzz Live. In December 2012, Smith appeared on Bravo's Watch What Happens Live with Jenna Jameson and Jennifer Tilly. Smith has made several appearances the talk show, Bethenny. On June 3, 2014, Smith appeared as guest co-host on the talk show, The View.
- Harris, Janelle (June 4, 2014). "SO WHAT DO YOU DO, BEVY SMITH, HOST OF BRAVO'S FASHION QUEENS?". Mediabistro. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- Wills, Cortney (November 4, 2013). "Bevy Smith Talks Natural Hair, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna & ‘Fashion Queens’". CocoaFab. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- Wilson, Julee (July 3, 2012). "Bevy Smith's 'Dining With Bevy: Life With Vision' Series Grooms Next Generation Of Movers And Shakers". The Huffington Post. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Warren, Tamara (March 20, 2011). "Range Rover City Shapers: Bevy Smith Takes Manhattan". Forbes. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Abadsidis, Savas (December 22, 2013). "Bevy Smith, Bravo's Queen of Fashion". The Advocate. Here Media Inc. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Phanor-Faury, Alexandra (April 20, 2010). "Closet Envy: Fashion Insider Beverly Smith". Essence. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Daniels, Karu (November 5, 2013). "‘Fashion Queen’ Bevy Smith [INTERVIEW]". EBONY Magazine. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- "BET News and CENTRIC to Broadcast Live Coverage of Whitney Houston's Funeral Services This Saturday, February 18 Beginning at 11:30AM ET, Followed by a One Hour Original Special "BET REMEMBERS WHITNEY" at 7:00PM*". Viacom. February 16, 2012. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- "Big Morning Buzz Live: Ep. 322". VH1. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- "Jenna Jameson, Bevy Smith & Jennifer Tilly". Bravo. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- "Bevy Smith: Credits". TV Guide. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- "Scoop: THE VIEW - Week of 6/2 on ABC". BroadwayWorld. Retrieved June 3, 2014.