|Headquarters||Tongi, Gazipur, Bangladesh|
|Nazmul Hassan (MD)|
Beximco Pharma was founded in 1976 and started operations in 1980, manufacturing products under the licenses of Bayer AG of Germany and Upjohn Inc. of United States. It has now grown to become a pharmaceutical company in Bangladesh, and it supplies more than 10% of country's total medicinal needs. Today Beximco Pharma manufactures and markets its own branded generics for several diseases including AIDS, cancer, asthma, hypertension, and diabetes for both national and international markets. It was the first drug company from Bangladesh to sell its products in the US.
Beximco Pharma manufacturing facilities are spread across a 20-acre (81,000 m2) site located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The facilities consist of a number of purpose-built plants, including a new Oral Solid Dosage (OSD) plant. The site includes manufacturing facilities as well as a research laboratory and a number of warehouses. The plant and machinery of the facilities were designed, produced and installed by partners from Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Italy and the United Kingdom, amongst others.
On August, 2007, Beximco exported its medicines to the Philippines, the 5th country of the 10-member Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) to import Beximco's drugs. Beximco Managing Director Nazmul Hassan said that exports to the Philippines include metered dose inhalers, and nasal sprays, and other medications. The Philippine pharmaceutical market ($1.3 billion in 2007), is highly dependent on imported medicines.
- "BD firm plans to export version of Tamiflu". Daily Times. 2006-04-05. Archived from the original on 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- "Bangladesh forays into US market with Beximco Pharma". Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- Letter, The Pharma. "Beximco Pharma Q3 revenue up". www.thepharmaletter.com. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- "US FDA approves Beximco Pharma’s blood pressure drug | Dhaka Tribune". archive.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- Reuters, Bangladesh Beximco exports drugs to Philippines[permanent dead link]
- "Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Society". Archived from the original on 2007-01-10.
- "Beximco Pharma's Profile on Pharma Mirror Magazine".