Beyblade: Shogun Steel
|Beyblade: Shogun Steel|
Japanese logo of the series
(Metaru Faito Beiburēdo Zero-G)
|Written by||Takafumi Adachi|
|Original run||April 2012 – December 2012|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Kunihisa Sugishima|
|Produced by||Mamiko Aoki|
|Written by||Katsumi Hasegawa|
|Music by||Scott Bucsis|
|Original network||TXN (TV Tokyo)|
|Original run||April 8, 2012 – December 23, 2012|
|Episodes||45 (Japanese version)|
26 (International version)
Beyblade: Shogun Steel, known in Japan as Metal Fight Beyblade Zero-G (メタルファイトベイブレード ZERO-G Metaru Faito Beiburēdo ZERO-G) is a Japanese manga by Takafumi Adachi based on Takara Tomy's spinning top toy line. It is also an anime that aired on TV Tokyo beginning April 8, 2012 and Cartoon Network starting in mid-August 2013. Shogun Steel is the seventh in the line of Beyblade shows, following the trilogy of shows started with Beyblade: Metal Fusion. Whereas the previous shows focused on metal parts, the line of Beyblades in Shogun Steel will focus on zero gravity battles with the advent of a new stadium system.
Seven years have passed since the God of Destruction met his end at the hands of a Legendary Blader. A new era of Beyblade has begun, bringing with it new Blades. When Zero Kurogane witnessed the final battle with the lord of destruction years ago, a fire began to burn within him to push forward to a new future. While Zero is the champion in his hometown, he wants to test himself and seeks out greater opponents, heading to Metal Bey City, Gingka's hometown. When Zero arrives and discovers that Gingka is nowhere to be found, he learns that bladers from all over the world have come to test themselves against the Cyclone Bey stadium. Wanting to push his skills forward, Zero takes part in the new era of Beyblade, testing his might against the Cyclone stadiums.
This section describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Zyro Kurogane (黒銀 ゼロ Kurogane Zero)
- Voiced by: Nobuhiko Okamoto (Japanese); Brian West (English)
- Zyro is a young boy who saw Gingka's final battle seven years ago and has wanted to become a Blader ever since. With his Bey, Samurai Ifrit, he sets out on a journey to become a great Blader following the same path as Gingka's.
- Shinobu Hiryuin (火竜院 忍 Hiryūin Shinobu)
- Voiced by: Kōki Uchiyama (Japanese); Christopher Jacot (English)
- Shinobu is the strongest Blader to be found in Metal Bey City when Zyro first arrives, learning of this, he instantly becomes Zyro's rival. Shinobu has managed to become the strongest Blader in the city thanks to his Bey, Ninja Salamander.
- Maru (マル Maru)
- Voiced by: Sumire Morohoshi (Japanese); Stephany Seki (English)
- A Junior Data Collector and mechanic.
- Kite Unabara (海原 カイト Unabara Kaito)
- Voiced by: Takuma Terashima (Japanese); Amos Crawley (English)
- The older brother of Eight. His Bey is Guardian Leviathan 160SB, but he has also synchromed his bey with his brother's Pirate Orochi to create Orochi Leviathan.
- Eight Unabara (海原 エイト Unabara Eito)
- Voiced by: Yuki Kodaira (Japanese); Stacey DePass (English)
- The younger brother of Kite. His Bey is Pirate Orochi 145D, but he has also offered his bey to his brother at times to synchrome Orochi Leviathan.
- Ren Kurenai (紅 蓮 Kurenai Ren)
- Voiced by: Kanae Oki (Japanese); Bryn McAuley (English)
- Her Bey is Thief Phoenix E230GCF.
- Madoka Amano (天野 まどか Amano Madoka)
- Voiced by: Kei Shindou (Japanese); Barbara Mamabolo (English)
- A Bey mechanic,expert who works at the B-Pit.
- Tsubasa Otori (大鳥 翼 Ōtori Tsubasa)
- Voiced by: Miyu Irino (Japanese); David Reale (English)
- The current president of the World Beyblade Battle Association (WBBA).
- Blader Gai (ブレーダーガイ Burēdā Gai)
- Voiced by: Shintarō Asanuma (Japanese); Adam Cawley (English)
- Blader Guy is the announcer of the tournaments. He has a stylish personality and is very cheerful.
- Argo Garcia (アルゴ・グレイシー Argo Gracie)
- A DNA founder.
- Ian Garcia (アイアン・グレイシー Ian Gracie)
- A DNA executive.
- Selen Garcia (セレン・グレイシー Selen Gracie)
- A DNA executive.
- Enso Garcia (エンソ・グレイシー Enso Gracie)
- A DNA executive.
- Merci (メルシー Merusi-)
A Dark Nebula computer AI rebuilt by DNA, which later revealed itself as the original organizer of the Dark Nebula, Doji. He helps Kira acquire Gladiator Bahamoote SP230GF in order for him to become the next ultimate beyblader.
- Yoshio Iwayama (岩山 美男 Iwayama Yoshio)
- One of the members of DNA and known for his powerful defensive style. His Beyblade is Bandit Golem DF145BS, but he is also in possession of Berserker Behemoth SR200BWD after Kira replaced it with Gladiator Bahamoote SP230GF. With Berserker Behemoth, he has synchromed his Golem with it to create Behemoth Golem.
- Kira Hayama (破山 キラ Hayama Kira)
- A fearsome and powerful blader who is from DNA. His beyblade was Berserker Behemoth SR200BWD until he replaced it for Gladiator Bahamoote SP230GF. Upon kidnapping Gingka, he steals Pegasus in order to synchrome Pegasus Bahamoote, a very powerful bey.
- Genjuro Kamegaki (亀垣 玄十郎 Kamegaki Genjūrō)
- The third DNA blader. His beyblade is Bandit Genbu F230TB.
- Spike Bourne (スパイク・ボーン Bōn Supaika)
- A dangerous member of DNA. His beyblade is Thief Zirago WA130HF.
- Captain Arrow (キャプテンアロー Kyaputen Arō)
- The fifth DNA blader known as the Blader of Justice. His beyblade is Archer Wyvern 145WB.
- Benkei Hanawa (花輪 ベンケイ Hanawa Benkei)
- Voiced by: Kenta Miyake (Japanese); Jason Deline (English)
- The manager of the restaurant Bull Burger and a teacher at the Bey Park. He trains Zyro throughout the show
- Gingka Hagane (鋼 銀河 Hagane Ginga)
- Voiced by: Aki Kanada (Japanese); Robert Tinkler (English)
- The former No.1 Blader and the strongest legendary blader. Gingka returns to help Zyro unlock his blader's spirit and battles him. He uses Samurai Pegasus W105R²F which evolves from his previous beyblade, Cosmic Pegasus.
- Sakyo Kuroyami (黒闇 左京 Kuroyami Sakyō)
- Voiced by: Shouma Yamamoto (Japanese); Elias Edraki (English)
- A mysterious blader who aims to succeed Ryuga as the next Dragon Emperor. His beyblade is Ronin Dragoon LW160BSF. Sakyo is extremely powerful and was almost undefeated through the series.
- Takanosuke Shishiya (獅々谷 鷹ノ助 Shishiya Takanosuke)
- Voiced by: Megumi Han (Japanese); Tony Babcock (English)
- A rival blader to Ren and Zyro, who partners with Sakyo. His bey is Archer Griffin.
- Gen Kikura (木倉 ゲン Kikura Gen)
- A blader disguised as sea creature, specialized in defence. His bey is Pirate Kraken.
- Akuya Onizaki (鬼崎 悪矢 Onizaki Akuya)
- A blader frequently battles in group with henchmen. His bey is Archer Gargoyle.
- "Nelvana to Release Beyblade Zero-G as Beyblade: Shogun Steel". Anime News Network.
- "Beyblade Zero-G Spinning Top Anime to Debut in April". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- Beyblade: Shogun Steel (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Official TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade Zero-G website (in Japanese)