|Supervisory board of directors: Shirley Beyer, John Midgley, Matthias Mühling, Dieter Rapp, Edgar Van Velzen (CEO)|
|Products||Microphones, headphones, wireless audio systems and conference systems|
Number of employees
Beyerdynamic GmbH & Co. KG (stylized as beyerdynamic) is a German manufacturer of microphones, headphones, wireless audio systems and conference systems. Headquartered in Heilbronn, Germany, Beyerdynamic has been family-owned since its founding in 1924.
In the 1920s in Berlin Eugen Beyer believed that the cinema presented a new opportunity in communication media. The first products he produced were loudspeakers for film palaces in 1924. At the end of the 1930s Beyer developed the first pair of dynamic headphones. World War II temporarily froze production; however, in 1948, Beyerdynamic sought new beginnings in Heilbronn. The "Stielhörer" DT 49 became a popular item of "Plattenbars" (record-bars) in the 1950s. The "transistophone", the company's first wireless microphone, went into production in 1962. The Beatles 1966 German tour used the E-1000 microphone. Elton John, ABBA, and Stevie Wonder all sang into sound transformers produced by Beyerdynamic. In 1985, Beyerdynamic acquired its then-North American distributor, Burns Audiotronics, which became its North American subsidiary. Today Beyerdynamic, Inc. have their own office headquartered in Farmingdale, New York.
At the 1988 Olympic Games in Seoul all media reporting sites were equipped with headsets from Beyerdynamic. In 1999, the new Bundestag in Berlin was fitted with Beyerdynamic's digital microphones. The reporters from the Football World Cup in Germany used the DT 297 headset. Most recently, the TG1000 digital wireless system has been introduced.
- Headphones – hifi headphones, in-ear headphones, mobile headphones, headphones for studio and stage, headphone amplifiers, accessories
- Headsets – aviation headsets, gaming and multimedia headsets, intercom and broadcast headsets, accessories
- Microphones – microphones for stage and studio application, microphones for vocals and instruments, microphones for film and broadcasting, presentation, accessories
- Conference Systems and Technology – voting systems, tour guide systems, installed sound and wireless microphones, tele and video conferencing, headphones and headsets for broadcast, commentators and interpreters, multimedia systems, conference and recording software, mixers, amplifiers and accessories
- beyerdynamic: About us Archived 2011-07-27 at the Wayback Machine
- "Listen Closely: A History of Headphones". Random History.com. Archived from the original on 18 January 2013. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Beyerdynamic- Einst und Heute". beyerdynamic.de. Archived from the original on 17 January 2013. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- I.P.C. Business Press Limited (January 1975). "Wireless World". Wireless World. 81: 394. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Dynamic Headsets From beyerdynamic". Truly Gadgets. TrulyNet. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "A History on dynamic headphones". The Audio Circuit. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "BeyerDynamic History". TousLesMicrophones.com. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Smart Sennheiser MOMENTUM Wireless Headphones". Classic Gadgets. Retrieved 25 January 2020.[permanent dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to beyerdynamic.|