Beyond the Break
|Beyond the Break|
|Created by||Michael D. Jacobs
Adam T. Brooks
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||34 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Matt Dearborn|
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Brookwell McNamara Entertainment
Island Film Group
|Original network||The N|
|Original release||June 2, 2006– June 25, 2009|
The series focuses on four women in the sport of professional surfing. Birdie Scott (Tiffany Hines), Lacey Farmer (Natalie Ramsey), Dawn Preston (Suzie Pollard), and Kai Kealoha (Sonya Balmores) must overcome their differences in order to capture surf stardom. David Chokachi, Baywatch star, also stars as the girls' surfing instructor. Ross Thomas and Jason Tam round out the cast as two male surfers who have their eyes on Birdie and Dawn. Michael Copon has a recurring role as both Kai and Lacey's love interest.
- Natalie Ramsey as Lacey Farmer
- Sonya Balmores as Kai Kealoha
- Tiffany Hines as Birdie Scott
- Suzie Pollard as Dawn Preston
- David Chokachi as Justin Healy
- Ross Thomas as Bailey Reese
- Adam T. Brooks as DJ Reese (Season 3 only)
- Jesse Williams as Eric Medina (8 episodes only)
- Michael Copon as Vin Keahi
- Jason Tam as Shoe
- Olivia Munn as Mily Acuna
- Kim Kardashian as Elle (4 episodes only)
- Aubrey Drake Graham as himself
The show debuted in June 2006. Of the first 20 episodes filmed, the first 10 were shown as Season 1, while the following 10 aired subsequently as Season 2. The third and final season of Beyond the Break, consisting of 14 episodes, first aired on the Canadian network Razer (now MTV2). After a two-year hiatus, it premiered in the US on June 8, 2009 on The N.
The N Soundtrack, released in 2006, contains songs from the series.
- "The N shreds the Hawaiian surf with new original series, Beyond the Break". PR Newswire.
- "Kim Kardashian Gets Slimed on Beyond the Break". People.com. Archived from the original on August 31, 2009.
- "Summer Fun and Soul-Searching in 'Beyond the Break' and 'Falcon Beach'". The New York Times.
- "Kauai surfer Sonya Balmore stars in 'Beyond the Break'". Global Surf News. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27.
- "Beyond the Break on Razer.ca". Razer. Archived from the original on May 30, 2008.