Beyond the Gates of Dream
Cover of the first edition
|Genre||Fantasy short stories|
|Media type||Print (paperback)|
The book collects seven stories by Carter, two of them collaborative, together with an introduction and afterward. One oddity in regard to the first edition of the collection is that its back cover blurb references and summarizes three stories of Carter's presumably intended for the collection but which do not actually appear in it, including a time travel story and two other stories identifiable as "The Martian El Dorado of Parker Wintley," (later published in The DAW Science Fiction Reader (1976)) and "The Gods of Neol-Shendis," (published in Amra (July 1966), later revised as "The Gods Of Niom Parma" (published in Warlocks and Warriors (1970)).
- "A Sort of Introduction, Called Here, and Back Again"
- "Masters of the Metropolis" (with Randall Garrett)
- "The Hand of Nergal" (with Robert E. Howard)
- "Harvey Hodges, Veebelfetzer"
- "Uncollected Works"
- "The Mantichore" (from Khymyrium, a work-in-progress)
- "A Few Last Words" (afterword)
|This article about a collection of short stories is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|