Beyond the Ice Palace
|Beyond the Ice Palace|
|Programmer(s)||Tim Moore (Amiga, ST)
David Perry (CPC)
Nick Jones (C64)
Ian Upton (Spectrum)
|Artist(s)||Nigel Brownjohn (Amiga, C64, ST, Spectrum)
Nick Bruty (CPC)
The game is a 2D scrolling platformer. The player must complete his mission by fighting through three levels of monsters. There are some similarities to Ghosts 'n Goblins, such as the ability to pick up different weapons. The player also has two Spirits of the Forest (circular faces) which may be summoned to attack enemies in difficult battles. More spirits may be collected along the way.
|This section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (November 2014)|
Beyond the Ice Palace lies a mystical land caught up in a battle between good and evil. Dark spirits are setting alight the forests, destroying the homes and livelihood of simple woodcutters. In desperation the ancient and wise spirits of the woods shoot a sacred arrow into the air. Whoever finds it will be able to destroy the powers of darkness.
- Sinclair User: "Not a classic in any sense, but certainly good enough to occupy you until the NBT (Next Big Thing) comes along."
- Your Sinclair: "... All in all a rather super little game..."
- Crash: "A slick, playable and extremely compelling arcade adventure ... 83%"
- Beyond the Ice Palace at World of Spectrum
- Beyond the Ice Palace at Lemon Amiga
- Beyond the Ice Palace at The Little Green Desktop
- Beyond the Ice Palace at C64.com
- Beyond the Ice Palace at MobyGames
- Beyond the Ice Palace at Lemon 64
|This action-adventure game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|