Beyond the Rack
Yona Shtern |
Yona Shtern |
Beyond the Rack is a Montreal-based online shopping company that operates a website that offers clothing, accessories, fragrances, electronics, home goods, beauty and home decor products. The company was founded in 2009 and by 2014 had over ten million members, comprising the largest free Canadian private shopping club.
Beyond the Rack was launched in 2009 by Yona Shtern and Robert Gold. Shtern was the former chief marketing officer at Ice.com, My Virtual Model and Microcell Telecommunications. Gold was the former president of Gosh Marketing and Donald Berman Enterprises. In 2011, Internet Retailer magazine called Beyond the Rack the fastest growing online retailer in the USA. The company is privately held with its offices in New York City and Montreal. The site current serves 15 million members internationally and works with various major partner companies.
Beyond the Rack visitors must be members in order to view the company's merchandise. Products are grouped into sale "events" from a single brand or small groups of brands. An email is sent to all members prior to each event's start. Once launched, each of the events lasts 48 hours.
In 2011 the company started retailing designer wedding dresses, and in the same year the Montreal Gazette named the company one of the fastest growing companies in Quebec. In 2013, the company had achieved sales in excess of $150 million. Its investors include Panorama Capital, Highland Capital Partners, BDC Venture Capital, Export Development Canada, Tandem Expansion Fund, Rho Canada and Inovia Capital. In 2014, Beyond the Rack received $10m funding with the Silicon Valley Bank.
Beyond the Rack
Launched in October 2011 as a subsidiary of Beyond the Rack, BTR Home offers bed and bath, furniture, decor, kitchenware, wall art and home organizer brands, including U.S Polo Linens, Kosta Boda Crystal, KitchenAid and Cuisinart appliances and Denby dinnerware.
- "Beyond the Rack racks up another big round of financing". Internet Retailer, 10 November 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- "Beyond the Rack's Shtern delivers inspirational tale", Winnipeg Free Press
- "How Beyond the Rack’s Return on Facebook Ad Spend Exploded", Adweek
- . Fox News.
- "Beyond the Rack Goes Bridal"
- [ http://montrealgazette.com/technology/montreal-companies-among-canadas-fastest-growing "Montreal companies among Canada's fastest growing"], BetaKit
- "Montreal’s Beyond the Rack closes US$37M funding round". Financial Post, 9 November 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- "Beyond The Rack Secures $25 Million, Brings on New Exec", BetaKit
- "Montreal's Beyond the Rack closes a $10 million funding deal", BetaKit
- Dusto, Amy. "Beyond the Rack raises $25 million". Internet Retailer, 31 December 2013.
- "How to get 70% off those killer heels (if you’re fast enough)". The Globe and Mail, 22 November 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- Jackson, Brian. "Beyond the Rack goes beyond customer segmentation with ExactTarget Marketing Cloud". IT Business, 9 June 2014.
- "Beyond The Rack Launches BTR Home". Canada Newswire, 7 October 2011. Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- "Transcript: How Beyond the Rack fashions its strategy", The Globe and Mail
- "How Beyond the Rack Used Social Media as a Customer Service Tool" Archived March 12, 2014, at the Wayback Machine., MarketingWise
- "Beyond the Rack conclut une émission de 25 millions". Le Devoir, 27 November 2013 (in French)
- Bogart, Nicole. "Black Friday deals put Canadians in shopping mood, many go online". Global News. 28 November 2013.