Bezmialem Foundation University
Bezmiâlem Vakıf Üniversitesi
Bezmialem Foundation University, School of Medicine Hospital
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Rümeyza Kazancıoğlu|
|Campus||Fatih Campus, Eyüp Campus, İlham Varank Sultangazi Campus|
|Language||70% Turkish, 30% English|
Bezmialem Foundation University (Turkish: Bezmiâlem Vakıf Üniversitesi) is a private educational and health care organization located in Istanbul, Turkey founded in 2010. It is named after Valide sultan Bezmiâlem Sultan (1807–1853).
The educational institution was established as a private university in 2010 by the Directorate General of Foundations upon the foundations of Bezmiâlem Sultan, the second wife of Ottoman Sultan Mahmut II (reigned 1808–1839), and the mother of Sultan Abdülmecit I (r. 1839–1861) of the Ottoman Empire, Silahtar Abdullah Agha and Sultan Abdul Hamid II (r. 1876–1909). Education is 70% in Turkish and 30% in English language. In addition to the main campus in Fatih, two other campuses are part of the university in Eyüp, opened in 2016, and in Sultangazi.
School of Medicine Hospital
The Bezmialem Foundation University School of Medicine Hospital (Turkish: Bezmiâlem Vakıf Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi Hastanesi) is situated on Adnan Menderes Boulevard in Fatih. It was founded by Bezmialem Sultan to serve for the poor Muslims. The hospital's former name "Vakıf Gureba Hospital" was changed in 2010 after its allocation to the newly founded university.
- School of Medicine
- School of Dentistry
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Health Sciences
- Vocational School
- Vocational School for Health Services
- Institute of Health Sciences
- Institute of Forensic Science
- Institute of Life Sciences and Biotechnology
- Institute of Gastroenterology
- Sultangazi İlhan Varank Campus
- Eyüp Campus
- "Bezmialem Vakıf Üniversite Hastanesi Eyüp'te açılıyor". Sabah (in Turkish). 2016-01-06. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "BVU Sultangazi Yerleşkesi, "BVU Sultangazi İlhan Varank Yerleşkesi" adını aldı". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2016-10-19. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "Vakıf Gureba Hastanesi parça parça özelleştiriliyor". soL (in Turkish). 2012-05-18. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "Alınan karara vatandaştan büyük tepki". İstanbul Habeleri (in Turkish). 2016-09-07. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Bezmiâlem Foundation University.|