Bhagat Ki Kothi railway station
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Express train and Passenger train station|
|Elevation||241.000 metres (790.682 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||North Western Railway zone|
|Line(s)||Jodhpur- Luni Section|
|Connections||Taxi stand, Autorickshaw|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||North Western Railway zone|
|Previous names||Jodhpur-Bikaner Railway|
In February 2006, the station was revived after a period of 41 years. In the mean time the lines on both sides had been converted from metre gauge to broad gauge. This enabled the train to run from the border right up to Karachi, which was not possible earlier because there would be a change of gauge in between, either at Hyderabad or Mirpur Khas. The Thar Express is the oldest route, however, because it was damaged in the war[clarification needed] it remained closed for 41 years. Upon restoration it became the new train service between the two countries.
Diesel Loco Shed
- Jodhpur Junction
- Geography : International
- "Western railway history".
- "North Western railway history". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016.
- Suresh Prabhu flags off 2 new trains, Kamakhya-Bhagat Ki Kothi Express and Siliguri-New Coochbehar DEMU
- Infra, electrification likely to be focus of rail budget
- Bhagat Ki Kothi railway station at the India Rail Info
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Rajasthan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|