|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Bhagwanpur is a Town/Tehsil/Taluka in Haridwar district in the state of Uttarakhand, India. It is 57 km far from Dehradun which is the capital of Uttarakhand. It is Commercial centre of Ghad Chhetra. It was founded by Bhagwana in the old age Zamindara. It is also one of the Industrial Area Of Uttarakhand.
As of 2011 India census,Bhagwanpur had a population of 274586. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%.Bhagwanpur has an average literacy rate of 67.76%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 76.82% and female literacy of 58.05%.
- Roorkee- 13 km
- Saharanpur-27 km
- Chhutmalpur-11 km
- Haridwar-35 km near
- Dehradun-63 km near
- Muzaffarnagar-60 km near
Bhagwanpur is having Lots of Educational institute. Big Academic Campus like Quantum Global university, MotherHood university, RCP Universe & Arogyam Mecal college & hospital are situated. A Govt Medical college also proposed by Govt of Uttarakhand.
Bhagwanpur is not connected by railway network. Nearest railway stations are:
- Iqbalpur Railway Station-7 km
- Chauriyala Railway Station-9 km
- Roorkee Railway Station-12 km
- "Details of Post Office BHAGWANPUR, HARIDWAR". pincode.org.in. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "Uttaranchal Village Info". villages.euttarancha. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "Members of Uttarakhand State Legislative Assembly (Haridwar)". haridwar.nic.in. Retrieved 3 December 2013.