|Directed by||B. N. Reddi|
|Produced by||A. Shankar Reddy|
|Written by||Palagummi Padmaraju (story and dialogues)
B. N. Reddi (screenplay)
|Starring||N.T. Rama Rao
Govindarajula Subba Rao
Relangi Venkata Ramaiah
|Music by||Pendyala Nageshwara Rao|
|Cinematography||B. N. Konda Reddy|
|20 February 1957|
Bhagya Rekha or Bhagyarekha (Telugu: భాగ్యరేఖ) is a 1957 Telugu film directed by B. N. Reddi and produced by Ponnaluri brothers. The popular Devotional song Neevundeda Kondapai Naasaami Nenundedee Nelapai by P. Susheela is in this film. Lyrics is written by Devulapalli Krishnasastri.
Lakshmi is a child orphaned by the death of her parents lives in the house of her uncle. Her aunt (Suryakantam) loves her daughter Kathyayani (Janaki) and neglects and harass Lakshmi. Hence she goes to her grandfather's house. Her grandfather also dies, forcing her to go back to the uncle's house. Once the marriage proposal for Kathyayani turns towards Lakshmi. Taking the blame of her aunt, she left home and reaches Tirupathi to commit suicide. She helps finding a missing girl of rich parents and joins their house. Their son Ravi (NT Ramarao) likes Lakshmi and wants to marry her. The marriage is spoiled by her aunt and others. Lakshmi leaves their house. Kathyayani elopes with her lover Relangi and reaches Madras and gets into many problems. Lakshmi saves her. Finally Lakshmi marries Ravi.
- Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao as Ravi
- Jamuna Ramanarao as Lakshmi
- Govindarajula Subba Rao
- Showkar Janaki as Kathyayini
- Relangi Venkataramaiah
- Chilakalapudi Seetha Rama Anjaneyulu
- B. Padmanabham
- Ramana Reddy
- Peketi Sivaram
- Allu Ramalingaiah
- E. V. Saroja
- Director: B. N. Reddi
- Story and Dialogues: Palagummi Padmaraju
- Screenplay: B. N. Reddi
- Producers: A. Shankar Reddy and Vasanthakumar Reddy
- Production Companies: Lalitha Siva Jyoti Pictures and Ponnaloori Brothers
- Original Music: Pendyala Nageshwara Rao
- Cinematography: B. N. Konda Reddy
- Film Editing: Vasu
- Choreographer: Vempati Peda Satyam
- Art Direction: S. Krishna Rao, Pratibha Sarma and T.V.S. Sarma
- Playback singers: A. M. Rajah, Ghantasala Venkateswara Rao, Madhavapeddi Satyam, P. Susheela and Vaidehi.
- Kanneeti Kadalilona Chukkanileni Naava (Lyrics: Devulapalli Krishnasastri; Singers: A. M. Rajah and P. Susheela)
- Manasooge Sakha Tanuvooge Priya (Lyrics: Devulapalli Krishnasastri; Singer: A. M. Rajah and ; Cast: N.T. Ramarao and Jamuna)
- Nee Sigge Singaarame (Lyrics: Devulapalli Krishnasastri)
- Neevundeda Kondapai Naasaami Nenundedee Nelapai (Lyrics: Devulapalli Krishnasastri; Singer: P. Susheela; Cast: Jamuna and NT Ramarao)
- Tirumala Mandira Sundara Hari Govinda Govinda (Bhajana song) (Lyrics: Devulapalli Krishnasastri; Singer: Kandula Mallikarjuna Rao and group; Cast: Jamuna)
- Narasimham, M. L. (19 March 2015). "Bhagyarekha (1957)". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 14 July 2015. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Film News Anandan (23 October 2004). Sadhanaigal Padaitha Thamizh Thiraipada Varalaru [History of Landmark Tamil Films] (in Tamil). Chennai: Sivakami Publishers. Archived from the original on 17 August 2017.
- "5th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 2 September 2011.