Bhai (2013 film)
|Produced by||Nagarjuna Akkineni|
|Written by||Ratna Babu
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Edited by||Karthika Srinivas|
|Box office||20 crores|
Bhai (English: Brother) is a 2013 Telugu action comedy film, produced by Nagarjuna Akkineni on Annapurna Studios and directed by Veerabhadram Chowdary in association with Reliance Entertainment. Starring Nagarjuna Akkineni, Richa Gangopadhyay in lead roles and music composed by Devi Sri Prasad. The Hindi-dubbed version has been titled Bhai: Mera Big Brother which is set to premiere on Zee Cinema on 23 October 2017 at 09:00 p.m.
Bhai (Akkineni Nagarjuna) is the most skilled and trusted enforcer of a Hong Kong-based don named David (Ashish Vidyarthi). David is heavily dependent on Bhai for his day-to-day operations, and this is resented by his sons James (Sonu Sood) and Tony (Ajay). David sends Bhai to Hyderabad to finish off an undercover police officer who is disrupting the mafia operations in the city. In the due course, Bhai bumps into Radhika (Richa Gangopadhyay), a horticulturist who falls in love with Bhai after a few incidents. However, Bhai never accepts her proposal. Bhai begins hunting down the undercover officer and uncovers his identity. The cop is none other than Arjun (Prasanna), and Bhai decides to finish him off. On the day of the trial, Bhai finds out that Arjun is his brother after seeing his father Raghava (Nagineedu) along with Arjun. He drops the plan and tries to walk out from the place, but the visuals of Bhai aiming Arjun with a gun are recorded about which Bhai is not aware of. However, Arjun is attacked by a few disguised armed men and all of them are killed by Arjun. Much to the shock of Bhai, one of the deceased is Tony, who sets out to India on the suggestion of James in order to kill Arjun and gain David's appreciation. David is taken aback after realizing the truth and is hell bent on killing Arjun.
Bhai's associate Munna (Adithya Menon) asks Bhai about his strange behavior at the murder spot. Then he narrates his past to Munna. Bhai aka Vijay is Raghava's son who resides in a village near Warangal. His father is a well-respected man in the village and Venkat Reddy (Jaya Prakash Reddy) is his opponent. Vijay almost used to spend his time with his siblings Arjun and Geetha. The annual fest held at the temple, becomes the bone of contention between Raghava and Venkat Reddy as Raghava is hosting the function and Venkat Reddy is in strict disapproval of the happening of the fest. Venkat Reddy sends his son to set things on fire at the fest. He is found setting fire by Raghava, who locks him in a room. The kid dies due to an unexpected injury caused by Raghava unintentionally which he was not aware of. Vijay takes the blame and is arrested to save his father's goodwill. After he returns from the jail, Vijay ends up bashing Venkat Reddy's men. Raghava is infuriated due to this and he expels Vijay from his house. Vijay reached Hyderabad and the rest of his life till date was all about his work in mafia for David under the name Bhai. Bhai, his henchmen, and Munna try to save Bhai's family from David and James. Firstly Bhai meets Geetha (Zara Shah), now a techie who is going to marry soon her lover Sandeep (Samrat), a US resident. Bhai, after revealing his identity to his sister, comes to her home along with his henchmen as the marriage planners on the request of Geetha to involve as the main person behind her happy marriage. Radhika too joins the team as a florist and Bhai can't avoid her though he wants to.
In the meantime, Bhai bonds with his family members, and his paternal uncle and Geetha are the only people who know about his real identity as Vijay. To Raghava's shock, on the marriage day, Venkat Reddy makes a call to him stating that Sandeep is his foster son and he is not going to attend the marriage as he is house arrested. Bhai comes to Sandeep's rescue and his guts make Venkat Reddy reconcile with Raghava, and the marriage plans are turning successful. To avoid disturbances from David and James, Bhai and Munna get James kidnapped by their henchmen who pose before James as police in mufti. They bash him up, and in a turn of events, James escapes from their custody. While James, along with David, go to the airport to flee back to Hong Kong, the leader of the gang who bashed James is noticed by the duo and after the suicides of that leader and Munna, David comes to know about Bhai's games with them since the murder of Tony. Arjun, after watching the recording of Bhai aiming him, tries to arrest him, but Bhai cleverly manages to escape and attends his sister's wedding as per her wish. After Arjun is suspended and is kidnapped by James, Bhai pretends to be surrendered to the police only to confront them later. He spares them to escape alive from here and goes to Raghava's home with him. Raghava, who came to know about the past by Bhai's paternal uncle, reconciles with him. The film ends with Bhai accepting Radhika's love on the suggestion of Raghava and his family.
- Nagarjuna Akkineni as Bhai / Vijay
- Prasanna as Arjun
- Richa Gangopadhyay as Radhika
- Ashish Vidyarthi as David
- Sonu Sood as James
- Sayaji Shinde
- Rahul Dev as Bhavani
- Nagineedu as Raghavayah
- Brahmanandam as Vikram Donor
- M. S. Narayana as Mansion Raju
- Vennela Kishore
- Raghu Babu as Bhavani's henchman
- Adithya Menon as Munna
- Ajay as Tony
- Mukul Dev as Anthony
- Samrat as Sandeep
- Mukthar Khan
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Venkat Reddy
- Paruchuri Venteswara Rao
- Chalapathi Rao
- K. Viswanath
- Sarika Ramachandra Rao
- Gundu Sudarshan
- Pruthvi Raj
- Fish Venkat
- Satyam Rajesh
- Prabhas Seenu
- Ambati Srivivas
- Duvvasi Mohan
- Narsingh Yadav
- Zara Shah as Geetha
- Kamna Jethmalani as Colony Girl
- Hamsa Nandini (Special appearance)
- Nathalia Kaur (Special appearance)
- Vinaya Prasad
- Sandhya Janak
- IDPL Nirmala
- Master Gaurav as Young Vijay
- Master Sathvik as Young Arjun
- Master Tahich
- Baby Anjali as Young Geetha
|Soundtrack album To Bhai by Devi Sri Prasad|
|Released||14 October 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
|1.||"Bhai"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Suchith Suresan||3:26|
|2.||"Nemmadiga"||Anantha Sriram||Venu Srirangam, Swetha Mohan||3:43|
|3.||"O Pilla Pilla"||Ramajogayya Sastry||David Simon Rita||3:44|
|4.||"Aibaaboi Nee Choopu"||Bhaskara Bhatla||Tippu, Geetha Madhuri||3:53|
|5.||"Most Wanted"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Narendra, Mamta Mohandas||4:54|
Richa Gangopadhyay played the lead role opposite Nagarjuna in this film and Sonu Sood played an important role in this film. Brazilian model and actress Nathalia Kaur will be shaked a leg with Nagarjuna in this film. Hamsa Nandini shared screen space with Nagarjuna in a special song for this film. Kamna Jethmalani was roped in for a special role in the film. Sekhar Kammula's Life Is Beautiful fame Zara Shah got the chance to work with Nagarjuna in this film. Brahmanandam played a crucial role as an NRI in the film.
The movie was launched with formal pooja ceremony at Annapurna Studios, Hyderabad on 26 November 2012. Akkineni Nagarjuna, Amala, Veerabhadram Chowdary, Richa Gangopadhyay and others attended to this event.The regular shooting of the film will starts from December. The first schedule of the movie started on 4 January 2013 in Bangkok. The film completed its Bangkok schedule on 18 January. Some part of the item song was shot in Bangkok schedule on Nagarjuna and Nathalia Kaur.The remaining part of the song was shot at Annapurna studios on Nagarjuna and Nathalia Kaur. An extravagant marriage set was erected in Annapurna Studios for few important scenes. The film has completed a schedule in Slovenia in which two songs were shot on Nagarjuna and Richa Gangopadhyay. Few scenes were shot on Nagarjuna and Richa Gangopadhyaya at Chiraan Fort Club in Hyderabad. Fight sequence of the film was shot on Nagarjuna and Sonu Sood in Aluminium Factory, at Hyderabad. Few intriguing sequences of this film was shot in Predjama castle. The final shoot of the film for the final song was started on 5 September 2013 at Annapurna studios under the supervising of Raju Sundaram master.
Leading entertainment channel Zee Telugu, has secured the satellite rights of the film Bhai. The channel spent a whopping ₹ 60 million for the rights. This is the highest ever rate that any Nagarjuna film has fetched till date.
Bhai received mixed to negative reviews from critics, 123telugu.com gave 2.25 out of 5 and wrote "Bhai is a disappointment and it ends up as a damp squib". The Hindu wrote "Bhai is an ordeal to sit through unless you're interested in punch lines" and "Nagarjuna is the silver lining in this mediocre fare".
filmfog.com gave 2.5/10 stating that 'Skip this movie watching in theatres'. Maastars gave 1/5 Bhai is a headache for Akkineni fans. Bhai has every chance to stand as one of the flops in Nagarjuna's career. apherald.com gave rating of 1.5 out of 5 for Bhai.
- "Bhai Preview: A mass entertainer".
- "Bhai Review: Feast for fans".
- "Nagarjuna fights at Aluminium Factory". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "Nagarjuna's Bhai release date confirmed".
- "Nagarjuna's New Film Started at Annapurna Studios". apherald.com. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Nagarjuna Bhai Mera Big Brother Monday 23 Oct 9PM".
- I wanted to dance for Bhai Audio function : Nagarjuna | 123telugu.com
- "Sonu Sood joins the cast of Nagarjuna's Bhai". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Sonu Sood is Villain for Nagarjuna's Bhai". timesofap.com. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Nathalia to sizzle in Nagarjuna's Bhai". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 8 January 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Hamsa Nandini special song in Nag's Bhai". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 20 March 2013. Retrieved 21 March 2013.
- "Nag to romance with four beautiful actresses in Bhai". timesofap.com. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Kamna bags a good offer opposite Nag". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "Zara Shah is on a roll". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 1 August 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "Brahmanandam to entertain as NRI in Bhai". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "Nagarjuna's Bhai Movie Launched Today". timesofap.com. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Nagarjuna's Bhai Shoot From Jan 4th". timesofap.com. 1 January 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Nagarjuna's Bhai shooting from Jan 4th". 123telugu.com. 1 January 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Bhai's team to return from Bangkok on Jan 18". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Nag's 'Bhai' shooting resumes today". indiaglitz.com. 11 February 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Huge Marriage set for Bhai in Annapurna Studios". timesofap.com. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Nag's 'Bhai' next schedule from June 3rd". indiaglitz.com. 21 May 2013. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- "Nagarjuna's Bhai shoots at Chiraan Fort Club". supergoodmovies.com. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Nagarjuna's Bhai in Slovenia". idlebrain.com. 5 August 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Zee TV buys Nag's Bhai for a fancy rate". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- Nagarjuna's Bhai slumps at the box-office - Hindustan Times
- Bhai 3rd Day Collections - Bhai 3rd Day Collections- Bhai Collections- Bhai Box Office Collections- Bhai World Wide Collections- Bhai Total Collections- Bhai 1st Week Collecti...
- Bhai Review | Bhai Movie Review | Bhai Telugu Review | Bhai Ratings | Bhai Cinema Review | Bhai Movie Review | Nagarjuna's Bhai Review | Bhai | Nagarjuna New Movie Review | Bh...
- "Bhai: Oh brother!". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 25 October 2013.
- "Bhai Movie Review by FilmFog". filmfog.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Bhai Movie Review by MaaStars". Maastars. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "A lot to cheer about". apherald.com. 25 October 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2013.