|Directed by||Nitai Palit|
|Written by||Manoj Das|
|Music by||Balakrishna Das
|Edited by||Biswanath Nayak|
Dalit Jatisangha Chitram
Bhai Bhai (Odia: ଭାଇ ଭାଇ) is a 1956 Ollywood / Oriya film directed by Nitai Palit. The film was produced under the banner of Dalit Jatisangha Chitram, and received financial assistance from the Government of Orissa, India. It portrays the problems of untouchability and caste system prevailing at that time in rural India.
In a village there are two sections of people leaving nearby. The upper cast people belongs to Pradhan's and the lower caste belongs to Bauri's. Pradhan community are influential and landlords. The Bauri community are cultivation labourers, they work in the lands of Pradhan's. Bauris are treated as untouchable. Suduria is head of the village and is of upper cast. He is board minded and do not believe in untouchability. He has a soft corner for one Nidhi, who belongs to Bauri caste. Nidhi calls Suduria affectionately as brother. Bana, who is from Pradhan community does not accept the daring of lower community to maintain relationship with the upper caste. He calls a meeting in the village asks for punishment to Nidhi for maintaining relationship with upper caste. The village people decides to punish Nidhi for his crime and bars him from working in the land and taking water from pond. Though Suduria is against the decision, but remain silent against the voice of Pradhan community. The lower caste Bauri community feel harassed against the decision and decide not to work in the field of Pradhan community. Without labourers the cultivation work has get stopped and the land become barren. At last Pradhan community realize their fault and accept the relationship of Suduria and Nidhi.
- Gaura Ghosh
- Gopal Banarjee
- Parbati Ghosh
- Sahu Samuel
- Chapala Nayak
- Beena Palit
- Hemanta Das
- Lila Dulali
The film is not accepted by the public and ultimately flopped.
- Kehi ki dekhichha palli ma ra hasa ra
- Rama je laikhana ho gale mruga mari
- "Released by Year » Year 1956". Odia Movie Database.[permanent dead link]
- "Bhai Bhai". IncredibleOrissa.
- Sambit Prakash Dash. Orissa reference: glimpses of Orissa (p-149). TechnoCAD Systems, 2001.
- Ashish Rajadhyaksha, Paul Willemen. Encyclopedia of Indian Cinema (p-169). Routledge, United Kingdom. ISBN 1135943257.
- "List Of Odia Movies - 1936 to 2013". nuaodisha.com.
- Orissa Legislative Assembly. Debates, Part 1, Volume 1, Issues 15-29 (p-25). Government of Orissa, 1961.
- K. Moti Gokulsing, Wimal Dissanayake. Routledge Handbook of Indian Cinemas (p-65). Routledge, United Kingdom.
- Cuttack Review of Literature, Criticiscm & Ideas (p-17). S. Patnaik, 1982.
- "Songs of Bhai Bhai". OdiaHits.com.
|This article about an Odia film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|