|Directed by||Hunsur Krishnamurthy|
|Produced by||N. R. Anuradha Devi|
|Screenplay by||Hunsur Krishnamurthy|
|Music by||G. K. Venkatesh|
|Cinematography||M. A. Rehman|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Gopala Rao|
Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao
Lakshmi Film Combines
|Distributed by||Venus Movies|
Bhakta Kumbara (transl. Devotee Kumbara) is a 1974 Indian Kannada biographical film directed by Hunsur Krishnamurthy. The film stars Rajkumar and Leelavathi in lead roles. Bollywood actress Sridevi, as a child artist, essayed the role of Muktha Bai thereby making her Kannada film debut. The film was produced by N. R. Anuradha Devi under Lakshmi Film Combines. Bhakta Kumbara marked the eighth collaboration between Dr. Rajkumar and director Hunsur Krishnamurthy.
The movie is based on the life of Gora Kumbhar, a potter turned into a saint who lived in the 13th and 14th century in Teredoki village. He supposedly lost his child while curing the clay by his legs for making pots, because he did not notice his child fumbling under his feet as he immersed himself in chanting the name of God. He was called Saint Gora Kumbara  by the people of Maharashtra.
The film won three awards at the 1974-75 Karnataka State Film Awards - Third Best Film, Best Actor (Rajkumar) for his portrayal of the potter-turned-saint Gora Kumbhar and Best Music Director (G. K. Venkatesh). The movie saw a theatrical run of 175 days and was declared a Blockbuster at the box office.
Bhakta Kumbara is the second Kannada film based on the life of Gora Kumbhar with the first being Gora Kumbara(1960). The movie was remade in Telugu in 1977 by V. Madhusudhan Rao as Chakradhari starring Akkineni Nageswara Rao.G. K. Venkatesh was the music director of the Telugu version also. 4 songs were retained in the Telugu version.
- Rajkumar as Gora
- Leelavathi as Gora's wife
- Rajashankar as St. Namadev
- Balakrishna as Gora's Neighbor
- Vajramuni as Krishna, Gora's relative
- Dwarakish as Gora's neighbor
- M. N. Lakshmi Devi
- Ramesh as Lord Panduranga/Gora's care taker
- Thoogudeepa Srinivas as Village head
- Manjula as Gora's Sister in law
- Sampath as Gora's Father in law
- Shanimahadevappa as St. Gnanadev
- H. R. Shastry
- Joker Shyam
- Sridevi as Muktha Bai, St. Namadeva's sister
|Soundtrack album by|
(Initial release of the Tracks)
19 September 2006
(Release of the Soundtrack Album)
|Genre||Feature film Soundtrack|
|G. K. Venkatesh chronology|
- Manava Dehavu Moole Mamsada Thadike  was retained as Mavava Amunnadi Deham 
- Vitala Vitala Panduranga Vitala  was retained as Vitala Panduranga Vitala 
- Hari Namave Chanda  was retained as Harinamame Madhuram 
- Kande Hariya Kande  was retained as Kanugontini Harini 
|1||"Naanu Neenu Nentarayya"||P. B. Sreenivas|
|2||"Vitala Vitala Panduranga Vitala"||S.P. Balasubramaniam|
|3||"Manava Dehavu Moole Mamsada Thadike"||P. B. Sreenivas|
|4||"Hari Namave Chanda"||P. B. Sreenivas|
|5||"Jodi Bedo Kalavamma"||S. Janaki|
|6||"Kande Hariya Kande"||P. B. Sreenivas|
|7||"Guru Bramham"||G. K. Venkatesh|
|8||"Vitala Panduranga"||P. B. Sreenivas|
|9||"Lakshmi Sthothram"||P. B. Sreenivas|
- Arvind Sundaram. "Sridevi's first and last film in all languages". behindwoods.com. Retrieved 1 February 2020.
- "Shri Sant Gora Kumbhar". Archived from the original on 12 January 2013. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Singh, ed. by B.V. Bhanu, B.R. Bhatnagar, D.K. Bose, V.S. Kulkarni, J. Sreenath ; gen. ed. K.S. (2004). Maharashtra. Mumbai: Popular Prakashan. p. 1177. ISBN 9788179911013.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Shivayogi (17 March 2011). "All Time Blockbusters posters and data". sandalwoodking.rocks.
- Music India Online. "Bhakta Kumbara Songs". mio.to. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- "Bhakta Kumbara Soundtrack". amazon.com. Retrieved 1 February 2020.
- "Manava Dehavu Moole Mamsada Thadike Song | Bhaktha Kumbara Kannada Movie | Dr Rajkumar" – via www.youtube.com.
- "Akkineni Nageswara Rao Songs || Manava Emunnadi Deham - Chakradhari" – via www.youtube.com.
- "Vittala Panduranga - Bhaktha Kumbara - Kannada Superhit Songs" – via www.youtube.com.
- "Chakradhari Songs - Vitala Panduranga Vitala - Nageshwara Rao Akkineni, Vanisree - HD" – via www.youtube.com.
- "Hari Namave Chanda - Bhaktha Kumbara - Kannada Best Songs" – via www.youtube.com.
- "Chakradhari Songs - Hari Namame Madhuram - Nageshwara Rao Akkineni, Vanisree - HD" – via www.youtube.com.
- "Bhakta kumbaara - Kande hariya kande" – via www.youtube.com.
- "Chakradhari Songs - Kanugontini Harini - Nageshwara Rao Akkineni, Vanisree - HD" – via www.youtube.com.