Bhakta Prahlada (1967 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Chitrapu Narayana Rao|
|Produced by||A. V. Meiyappan|
|Written by||Narasa Raju D.V.
S. V. Ranga Rao
Bala Murali Krishna
|Music by||Saluri Rajeshwara Rao|
|Distributed by||AVM Productions|
|12 January 1967|
Bhakta Prahlada (English: Devotee Prahlada) (Telugu: భక్త ప్రహ్లాద) is a 1967 Telugu devotional film produced by AVM Productions about a devotee Prahlada in The Story of Narasimha of the Hindu religion. The film stars child actress Rojaramani as Prahlada, S. V. Ranga Rao as Hiranya Kasapa and Anjali Devi as Leelavati. The film was eventually dubbed into Kannada and remade in Hindi.
The Hindi film, Bhaktha Prahlad, was released on 2 November 1967 and Kannada film Bhakta Prahlada was released on 26 March 1974. The film was made in Tamil as Bhakta Prahlada (Tamil: பக்த பிரகலாதா) in Eastman colour and was released on 24 March 1967.
- Producer - A. V. Meiyappan using the banner AVM productions along with Veerappan & Co.
- Director - Chitrapu Narayana Murthy, well known as Ch Narayana Murthy.
- Background and soundtrack Music - S. Rajeswara Rao.
- Story and Dialogue - D. V. Narasa Raju
- Song Lyrics - Samudrala Sr., Samudrala Jr., Dasarathi, Arudra, Kosaraju, Padmaraju
- Poems - from old poet Potana.
- Singers - Madhavapeddi Satyam, Pitapuram Nageswararao, P. Susheela, S. Janaki, Sulamangalam Rajalakshmi, L. R. Eswari.
- Dance composition - Vempati Chinasatyam, P.S. Gopalakrishnan, K.S. Reddy.
- Camera - A. Vincent
- Studios - AVM Studios, Gemini Studios.
- Hiranyakashipu - S. V. Ranga Rao.
- Prahlada - Rojaramani.
- Leelavati - Anjali
- Narada - Bala Murali Krishna
- Teachers - Padmanabham and Relangi
- Hari - Haranath
- Snake Charmer - Ramana Reddy
- Other small characters - Dhulipala, Nagaiah, Jayanti, T. Kanakam, Vanisri, Santa, Meena Devi, Sunita, Sushila
- Dancers: L. Vijayalakshmi, Vijayalalita, Gitanjali, Vennira Aadai Nirmala
|"Aadi Anaadiyu Neeve Deva"||Dasarathi||Mangalampalli Balamuralikrishna|
|"Aadukovayya O Ramesha"||Samudrala||P. Susheela group|
|"Andani Suraseema" (Beautiful Suraseema)||Samudrala||P. Susheela, S. Janaki, S. Rajyalaxmi|
|"Balayutulaku Durbalulaku Balamevvadu"||Potana||P. Susheela|
|"Bhujashakti Naa toda Porada Shankinchi"||Potana||Madhavapeddi Satyam|
|"Chadivinchiri Nanu Guruvulu" (The Gurus who Taught Me)||Potana||P. Susheela|
|"Janani Janani Varadayini"||Palagummi Padmaraju||S. Janaki|
|"Jeevamu Neeve Kada" (You Alone Are Life)||Samudrala||P. Susheela|
|"Kaladambodhi Galandu Gaali"||Potana||P. Susheela|
|"Kanjakshuku Gaani Kayambu Kayame"||Potana||P. Susheela|
|"Kanulaku Veluguvu Neeve Kaava"||Samudrala||P. Susheela, S. Janaki|
|"Karunaleni Manasu Kathina Pashanambu"||Dasarathi||P. Susheela|
|"Mandara Makaranda Maadhuryamunadelu"||Potana||P. Susheela|
|"Munchiti Vardhulan Gadala Mottiti"||Potana||Madhavapeddi Satyam|
|"Narayana Mantram Srimannarayana Bhajanam"||Samudrala||P. Susheela|
|"Panchabdambulavadu Tandrinagu"||Potana||Madhavapeddi Satyam|
|"Pamulollomayya Maa Pegge Choodarayya"||Kosaraju||Pithapuram Nageswara Rao, L. R. Eswari|
|"Raa Raa Priya Sundara" (Come O Beautiful Lover)||Dasarathi||P. Susheela|
|"Siri Siri Laali Chinnari Laali"||Arudra||S. Janaki and Balamuralikrishna|
|"Srimanini Mandira Bhakta Mandara"||Samudrala||P. Susheela and Balamuralikrishna|
|"Varamosage Vanamaali"||Samudrala||Mangalampalli Balamuralikrishna|
|"Vatuthara Neeti Sastrachaya Paraga"||Pothana||Madhavapeddi Satyam|
|"Yella Sareera Dharulaku Nillanu"||Pothana||P. Susheela|
Music was composed by Saluri Rajeswara Rao, Rajagopal and Krishnan while the lyrics were penned by Thiruchi Thiyagarajan, Vaali, Ku. Ma. Balasubramaniam, V. Seetharaman and Alangudi Somu. Singer is Balamurali Krishna and Playback singers are P. Susheela, S. Janaki, Soolamangalam Rajalakshmi, T. M. Soundararajan and A. L. Raghavan.
|1||Raajan Maharaajane||P. Susheela||Vaali|
|2||Kili Vandhu Kothaada Koyyaa|
|3||Devi Devi Thaaye||S. Janaki||Ku. Ma. Balasubramaniam|
|4||Hey Jothi Swaroopa||P. Susheela & S. Janaki|
|5||Aadhi Anaadhiyum Neeye||Balamurali Krishna||Thiruchi Thiyagarajan|
|6||Chinna Chinna Kanne||Balamurali Krishna, S. Janaki & Group|
|7||Aazhi Soozh Vannaa||P. Susheela & Group|
|8||Jeevanum Neeye Aiyaa||P. Susheela|
|9||Lakshmi Vallabha Dheena Dhayalaa|
|10||Unnai Nambi Un Patham Thuthithe|
|11||Vaazhgave Mannulagum Vinnulagum||P. Susheela, S. Janaki & Soolamangalam Rajalakshmi||V. Seetharaman|
|12||Thimikida Thimikida Vaadhya||T. M. Soundararajan & A. L. Raghavan|
|13||Karunai Serndha Manadhu||P. Susheela|
|14||Irul Niraindhadhaai Irukkum|
|15||Endhan Uyir Thandha Hari|
|16||Om Namo Narayana .. Naarayana Mandram Adhuve||P. Susheela & Group||Alangudi Somu|
- "Movies from AVM". avm.in.
- Lyrical details of Bhakta Prahlada 1967 film at Ghantasala Galamrutamu.
- G. Neelamegam. Thiraikalanjiyam - Part 2 (in Tamil). Manivasagar Publishers, Chennai 108 (Ph:044 25361039). First edition November 2016. p. 300 - 301.