|Motto||A Relevant education in a Spiritual environment|
Bhaktivedanta College, located in Durbuy in the rural Ardennes region of Belgium, is a Vaishnava college administered by ISKCON. Programmes of study at Bhaktivedanta College include the study of Vaishnavism.
The college was opened by ISKCON in 2002 and aspires to be a Vaishnava university. The main offering of the college is the Ministerial Program. This program educates devotees to become preachers, teachers, leaders, scholars, and managers.
Bhaktivedanta College is part of the educational vision for ISKCON developed by its Ministry of Educational Development. The Ministry creates institutes of higher education in Vaishnava Theology.
Accreditation and validation
Bhaktivedanta College is in partnership with the University of Chester, a center for Theology and Religious Studies in the UK. This partnership enables Bhaktivedanta College to offer accredited academic courses for which students are awarded certificates and diplomas, leading to a degree externally validated by the University of Chester. Formerly, accredited degree programmes were externally validated by the University of Wales, Lampeter.
As an educational institution training young Vaishnava theologians. Bhaktivedanta College is preparing a new generation of ISKCON scholars trained inside ISKCON's educational institutions. Bhaktivedanta College also aims to provide professional and practical training, through programmes such as the degree in Education, to train devotee students and enable devotees to serve in professional roles within as well as outside of ISKCON.
The college offers multiple degree programmes, accredited and externally validated by the University of Chester. The college offers a Bachelor of Arts with honours degree in Theology and Religious Studies (TRS), both on-campus and online. Additionally, the college offers Bachelor of Arts with honours degree in Education, Theology, and Religion (ETR).
In addition, the college offers non-degree courses on the study of sastra, including the Bhakti Sastri certificate administered by the Vaishnava Training and Education organisation and the ISKCON Examination Board, as well as the Certificate in Bhakti Yoga Studies. All non-degree certificate programs offered by the college are also offered online. The Bhakti Sastri course modules are also studied as part of the degree programmes.
In February 2009 ISKCON’s GBC body approved the sannyasa initiation of Yadunandana Swami who is the principal of Bhaktivedanta College. Disciple of Satsvarupa dasa Goswami, Yadunandana Swami is originally from Spain, teaching among other subjects Bhaktivaibhava course at the college and is specialising on History of sannyasa in ISKCON.
- Yadunandana Swami Principal of Bhaktivedanta College.
- Hanumatpresaka Swami General Secretary of the North American Institute for Oriental and Classical Studies.
- Kadamba Kanana Swami teaches Caitanya-caritamrta.
- Kenneth R. Valpey teaches at The Chinese University of Hong Kong and has a Fellowship at the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies.
- Radhika Ramana Dasa Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia.
- Shaunaka Rishi Das Hindu Chaplain to Oxford University.
- Urmila Devi Dasi teaches "History of ISKCON" and "ISKCON and Society."
- Prahladananda Swami teaches at the Vaishnava Institute for Higher Education.
- Anuttama Dasa International Director of ISKCON Communications, and a member of the Governing Body Commission.
- Faculty Bhaktivedanta College
- The Hare Krishna Movement: Forty Years of Chant And Change, Graham Dwyer, Richard J. Cole, 2007, ISBN 1-84511-407-8 Referred as "the Bhaktivedanta Theological College in Belgium" p.55
- Hare Krishna Marks 40th Anniversary; Eastern Tradition Grows Up to Find Many of Its Ideals Have Gone Mainstream, Announces ISKCON Communications. Business Wire, 10 July 2006
- Bhaktivedanta College Online
- "Bhaktivedanta College Principal Accepts Renounced Order". ISKCON News Weekly. Archived from the original on 15 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "Bhaktivedanta College". www.bhaktivedantacollege.com. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Goswami, Satsvarupa dasa. "Tachycardia. Start of July 2008 - Part 10". GN Press. Retrieved 2009-03-07.