|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Bhāl region (Hindi: भाल प्रदेश, Land of the Chudasamas) of Gujarat state, India, is spread across the political boundaries of three districts; namely Bhavnagar district, Ahmedabad district, and Anand District. The Bhal region is situated on the deltas of the Sabarmati, Bhogawo, Bhada, Lilka and other rivers that flow east and southeast off the Kathiawar peninsula into the Gulf of Cambay. The word Bhaal (Gujarati: ભાલ) (Hindi: भाल) seems to have been derived from the Sanskrit word भाल which means forehead. Such a name is given to this region probably because it is mostly as flat as a forehead with almost entire region's soil without any stones, pebbles or gravel.
Bhalia Wheat is a major farm cultivation in the region.
Rivers flowing through Bhal region
- Bhada (Bhaadar)
- Limdi no Bhogavo
The Sabarmati River is at the northeastern end of the Bhal. The Vatrak River and the Bhogawo Rivers are major tributaries of the Sabarmati.
- Surendranagar no Bhogavo
Wildlife and birds
- Velavadar Blackbuck National Park
- Pipli Wetland
- Saltpans & wetlands between Naari & Bawaliyali villages
Archaeological and historical sites
Gamph was a small state of India, ruled by chudasama Rajputs, There are 52 Estates of Chudasama Rajputs in the Dhandhuka area which all are the Bhayads of former Gamph state. These Rajputs are descended from the old Rah Dynasty of Junagadh.
- Gorasu - Chudasama Rajput's Sahayak Devi Khodiyar Mataji Temple
- Bhadiyad - Chudasama Rajputs Kuldevi Bhavani Mataji Temple
- Arnej - Bootbhawani Mataji temple
- Bawaliyali - Radha-Krishna temple
- Dholka - Kalikund tirth Jain Temple
- Ganpatipura - Swayambhu Ganpati Idol & temple + Swaminarayan Mandir
- Nani Boru - Lord Shiva Temple built by Prashnora Nagar Brahmin community
- Bhadiyad - Pir Mehmudshah Bukhari Dargah sarifh and mosque
- Varna-lord hanumanji temple
- Gorad [Gohil Mitali State Bhayat] Rajput's Shahayak Devi Ma Kodiyar Temple
- Swaminarayan Temple "Budhej" and "Gorad"
- Urash Mubarak of Bhadiyad pir
Chudasama Rajput was notable rulers of Bhal, they came here from Junagadh.
New projects coming in Bhal region
- Dholera International Airport
- Ahmedabad - Dholera - Bhavnagar six-lane expressway
- Gandhinagar - Ahmedabad - Dholera metro rail