Bhangra Paa Le
|Bhangra Paa Le|
|Directed by||Sneha Taurani|
|Produced by||Ronnie Screwvala|
|Screenplay by||Dheeraj Rattan|
|Story by||Dheeraj Rattan|
|Cinematography||Jitan Harmeet Singh|
|Edited by||Antara Lahiri|
|Distributed by||Tips Industries|
|Box office||₹0.52 crore (US$73,000) |
Bhangra Paa Le (transl. Let's do the Bhangra) is a 2020 Indian Hindi-language comedy-drama film, directed by debutant Sneha Taurani and produced by Ronnie Screwvala. It stars Sunny Kaushal and Rukshar Dhillon. Initially planned to release on 13 September 2019 and then 1 November, it was theatrically released in India on 3 January 2020.
- Sunny Kaushal as Jaggi "Kaptaan" Singh
- Rukshar Dhillon as Simi Kohli
- Shriya Pilgaonkar as Nimmo
- Swasti Kapur as Kiran
- Sarthak Kakar as Pappi
- Parmeet Sethi as Jaggi's father
- Jayati Bhatia as Jaggi's mother
- Samir Soni as Simi's father
- Sheeba Chaddha as Simi's mother
- Mahavir Bhullar as Kaptaan's father
- Seema Kaushal as Kaptaan's mother
- Kamlesh Gill as Nimmo's grandmother
- Varun Narang as Bhangra competition judge
- Mark Bennington as Henderson
Set in Amritsar, the movie narrates the story of two generations.
Kaptaan, the grandfather of the protagonist Jaggi Singh, is a former army soldier whose passion is Bhangra. He continues to perform Bhangra after being recruited in the army. On the battlefield as well, he motivates his comrades to get up by beating a drum and performing Bhangra. Unfortunately, Kaptaan loses a leg in the war, and feels dejected and refuses to go home. Back home, Nimmo, the girl he loves, is about to get married.
Kaptaan had met Nimmo at a neighbouring wedding and wooed her family by performing Bhangra in the duel. Her brothers order Kaptaan to come ask for Nimmo's hand after the war, but as he fails to come, they arrange her alliance elsewhere. In the camp, Kaptaan's comrades cheer him up by beating the drum, and motivate him to return home. He goes to Nimmo's house in the middle of her wedding preparations, and dances on one leg to woo her family again. Nimmo enters with the drum and provides him with support, and the family agrees to their wedding.
In the present, Jaggi Singh is a Bhangra aspirant from Khalsa college who wants Bhangra to make it big in the world. Kaptaan is Jaggi's idol, and he believes that in order to perform the main move in Bhangra, the "jhoomar", one has to be in love. He meets Simi Kohli in a wedding and they immediately hit it off. Later, they find out they are from rival colleges Khalsa and GNDU, in the international Bhangra competition, and part ways. Both teams get through the semi finals, and Jaggi and Simi come closer. Simi falls in love, and dances her heart out in the qualifier round, which leads to GNDU winning the ticket to the finals in London. The qualifier round results lead to a crowd clash between the two teams, and Jaggi gets injured in the leg while trying to break off the fights. Upset, Jaggi then ignores Simi, breaks it off with his team, and returns to his village, where he eventually reunites with the village Bhangra group, Pendu Club, run by his father.
Pendu Club starts making dance videos and enters the competition in London through crowdfunding. Both GNDU and Pendu Club are able to clear the semi final rounds. Jaggi and Simi meet again, and spend time together near the London Eye. He tells her about Kaptaan and Nimmo, and she tells him about her father who had abandoned her, who she recently met in London. They grow closer. Later, in the final round, Jaggi finds his leg collapsing. Simi enters in the wings with a drum, motivating Jaggi to keep dancing. He also performs "jhoomar" with the same energy now, and Pendu Club wins the competition. Simi and Jaggi finally unite as lovers.
Ronnie Screwvala, launching debutante Sneha Taurani as director, planned this music and dance film. Bhangra Paa Le is set to be a bridge between the traditional forms of Bhangra from Punjab and western dance forms from all across the world. Launching Sunny Kaushal, Rukshar Dhillon was cast opposite him. The filming began in January 2019.
|Bhangra Paa Le|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||16 December 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The music of the film is composed by Shubham Shirule, Keeran, Aakashdeep Sengupta, Kaushik - Aakash - Guddu (KAG), Ana Rehman, Nilotpal Munshi, Kiranee for JAM8, Rishi Rich, Yash Narvekar and A Bazz with lyrics written by Shloke Lal, Kiranee, Shubham Shirule for JAM8, Siddhant Kaushal, Mandy Gill, Raftaar, Yash Narvekar, Manisha and A Bazz. The song "Bhangra Paa Le" is a remake of the song "Bhangra Paale" from the film Karan Arjun.
|1.||"Bhangra Paa Le"||Mandy Gill||Shubham Shirule for JAM8||Mandy Gill||3:00|
|2.||"Kala Joda"||Shloke Lal, Raftaar, Manisha||Aakashdeep Sengupta for JAM8||Romy, Shalmali Kholgade, Manisha|
|3.||"Ho Ja Rangeela Re"||Yash Narvekar, Kiranee and Shloke Lal for Jam8||Rishi Rich, Yash Narvekar, Shubham Shirule & Kiranee for JAM8,||Shashwat Singh||3:09|
|4.||"Jhoomar Dhaaga"||Shubham Shirule, Mandy Gill||Shubham Shirule for JAM8||Mandy Gill||4:00|
|5.||"Re Sardar"||Shloke Lal for JAM8||Keeran for JAM8||Mandy Gill||3:18|
|6.||"Peg Sheg"||Shloke Lal for JAM8, A Bazz||Nilotpal Munshi for JAM8, A Bazz||Jonita Gandhi, Akasa Singh, Shashwat Singh, A Bazz||2:51|
|7.||"Sun Sajna"||Kiranee, Shloke Lal for JAM8||Rishi Rich, Yash Narvekar, Kiranee for JAM8,||Navraj Hans, Jonita Gandhi, Yash Narvekar, Kiranee||2:48|
|8.||"Angana"||Shloke Lal for JAM8||Ana Rehman for JAM8||Shreya Ghoshal, Javed Ali||5:26|
|9.||"Raanjhan"||Mandy Gill||Shubham Shirule for JAM8||Neeti Mohan, Tushar Joshi||3:46|
|10.||"Sacchiyaan"||Siddhant Kaushal||KAG for JAM8||Amit Mishra, Harshdeep Kaur||3:21|
|11.||"Ajj Mera Yaar"||Shloke Lal for JAM8||Shubham Shirule, Ana Rehman for JAM8||Amit Mishra||3:57|
- "Bhangra Paa Le gets new release date again, to release on Jan 3, 2020". The New India Express. Retrieved 2 January 2020.
- "Bhangra Paa Le – Box Office Collection till Now – Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- Hungama, Bollywood (19 January 2019). "BREAKING: Ramesh Taurani's daughter Sneha Taurani's directorial debut to star Sunny Kaushal and Rukhsar Dhillon :Bollywood Film News - Bollywood Hungama".
- Taran Adarsh (30 September 2019). "Trailer drops today at 12 noon... First look poster of #BhangraPaaLe... Stars Sunny Kaushal, Rukhsar Dhillon and Shriya Pilgaonkar... Directed by Sneha Taurani... Produced by Ronnie Screwvala... 1 Nov 2019 release". Twitter. Retrieved 30 September 2019.
- "Vicky Kaushal's brother Sunny Kaushal starrer 'Bhangra Paa Le' to release on September 13 - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Sunny Kaushal and Rukshar Dhillion starrer Bhangra Paa Le to release on September 13". Mumbai Live.
- "Sunny Kaushal, Rukshar Dhillon's Bhangra Paa Le to release on September 13, 2019". Times Now Newsews.
- Network, BusinessofCinema News (28 January 2019). "RSVP's Dance Franchise – Bhangra Paa Le Goes On Floors!".
- "Kiara Advani, Manisha Koirala, Hayao Miyazaki, and More on Netflix in March". NDTV Gadgets 360.
- "Bhangra Paa Le - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jio Saavn.
- "Bhangra Paa Le: Salman Khan, SRK's iconic Karan Arjun song to be recreated for Sneha Taurani's film". Firstpost. 1 October 2019. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Bhangra Paa Le: Sunny Kaushal and Rukshar Dhillon recreate Salman and Shah Rukh Khan hit number". India Today. 9 October 2019. Retrieved 9 October 2019.