This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (June 2013)
61 ft (19 m) Beleswara statue
|Named for||Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja|
|• Body||Bhanjanagar Notified Area Council|
|Elevation||69 m (226 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Bhanjanagar is a town and a Notified Area Council in the Ganjam district in the state of Odisha, India. The city, earlier named as Russellkonda(Russell's Hill) after Mr.George Russel, President of then board of Revenue, was renamed later after Kabi Samrat (Poet King) Upendra Bhanja. Bhanjanagar is a town planned community situated in the confluence of rivers Loharakhandi and Badanadi.
Bhanjanagar is located on State Highway No. 7, connecting Berhampur to Phulabani. It is 80 kilometres (50 mi) from Berhampur and 85 km from Phulbani. Bhanjanagar has road connections to almost all towns and cities of Odisha. This city is home to people of various religious beliefs and thus contains several temples, mosques and churches, as well as colleges, schools and other institutions.
Bhanjanagar is located at  with an average elevation of 69 metres (226 feet). It is located on the lake created by the Bhanjanagar Dam.Bhanjanagar is a Tehsil/Block in the Ganjam District of Odisha. According to Census 2011 information the sub-district code of Bhanjanagar block is 03074.
Link to Ollywood
Some local persons like Sabyasachi and Jorge Tiadi are the important part of odiya & Hindi film industry (Ollywood).Now a days dancing star Ashish Kumar Gouda is also active in Ollywood and Television industry. Ashish Kumar Gouda has opened a dance institute "Move The World" at Bhanjanagar. Ashish Gouda debuted in odiya film, named "Happy Lucky" of Taranga cine production was released on 21 January 2018, where he appeared as a NRI in that film and his second movie along with Babushan, "Local Toka Love Chokha" was released on 15th Aug 2018, Also he has appeared in many television serials.Also one of the most handsome talented hero of Oriya Film & Hindi Filim "AMADABATA","ABHINETRI" & "Bheegi Palkain" Shri Umakanta Mishra is residing in Bhanjanagar.
According to the India census, Bhanjanagar had a population of 19,699. Males constituted 52% of the population, and females constituted 48%. Bhanjanagar had an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 59.5%, with a male literacy of 84% and a female literacy of 72%. Ten percent of the population was under six years of age.
A reservoir is located north of Bhanjanagar with a catchment area of 25 square miles (65 km2). The water of this reservoir irrigates many acres of land in Ghumusar (Bhanjanagar), Berhampur and Chhatrapur sub-divisions, and also supplies drinking water to Bhanjanagar and Berhampur city. Its construction was completed in the year 1894. The panoramic view of the reservoir is a popular tourist attraction. To increase further tourism, a huge park, named "Biju Patnaik Children's Park", in a natural surrounding with lots of Playing Instruments, toy train, Science Park, Model Zoo, Road Train & swings for kids, boating facility, Family Train, 3D-Hall, Video Games, Aquarium, "Bhanja Doli", "Kalinga Boita" and last but not the least, an extraordinary & unique in its kind of musical fountain were constructed for the amusement of the entire family. In April 2013, the tallest Shiva statue of Odisha (7th/8th-tallest Shiva statue in the world) was built at Beleswar Hill Top, located close to the water reservoir.
Medical and Offices
- Suv Divisional Medical
- RTO office
- The Revenue Inspector Office
- Registrar's Office
- Sub-Register Office
- Tahasil Office, Ghumusar
- DFO OFFICE (Ghumsur North Division)
- RWS&S Division Office
- Employment Exchange Office
- Block Office
- Sub Collector Office
- Post Office
- Sub- Treasury Office
- Bhanjangar Police Station
- SDPO Office
- SUB SPECIAL JAIL
- Sub Divisional Court
- SBI Main Branch
- SBI Bazar Branch
- Andhra Bank
- Axix bank
- HDFC Bank
- UGB Bank
- Bank Of India
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank
- Bank Of Baroda
Education institutions in Bhanjanagar
- Little star play school
- Swami Vivekananda Public School
- PT.SR DAV Public School, Shri Bihar, Phulbani Road
- Upendra Bhanja High School
- P.S.B. School
- Saraswati Sishu Vidya Mandira (Dihapadhala)
- Dina Bandhu Government Girls' High School
- Sribatsa High School
- Secondary Teachers School
- Government Middle English Medium School (Bari School)
- St. Xavier's English Medium High School
- St. Anne's English Medium School--http://stannsems.com
- Kendriya Vidyalaya (Central School)
- Sri Satya Sai Vidya Vihar
- Kanhu Rauta High School (Lalsing)
- Dibya Shakti English Medium School (Niladri Bihar)
- Govt. Somanath Practicing High School
- Snow Ball Play School
- Hunny Bunny Play School
- Sai gurukul school
- Barbie play School
- Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja College
- Savitri Women's College
- K.S.U.B Teacher's Training College (B.Ed. College)
- Bhanja College of Computer & Management (B.C.C.M)
- Ghumsur (Junior) Residential College (G.R.C)
- Shri (Junior) Residential College (S.R.C)
- Govt. Elementary Teacher Education Institute(G.E.T.E.I) C.T school
- Academy of Rational Philosophy for Unanimously Agreeable and Constitutional Governance ( http://pro-prosperity.com/About.html )
Bhanjanagar has vast fertile lands, and a number of rice paddy processing units, or rice mills.
1.'SHRI Industrial Training Centre, Gosalachhaka,Tanarada'
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Bhanjanagar
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Pattnaik, Rakesh Kumar (2013). "Article: Inauguration of 61 feet height Lord Shiva Statue at Bhanjanagar, Ganjam". nuaodisha.com. Retrieved 29 June 2013.
119 years old Bhanjanagar Reservoir (previously famous as the Russelkonda Reservoir)
- "World's 7th largest Siva statue Beleswar Mahadev". Retrieved 29 June 2013.