Bharat Bhushan (yogi)
|Bharat Bhushan (Yogi)|
Guru Bharat Bhushan
|Born||30 April 1952
Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Known for||Yoga, Body Building and Social work|
He believes that yoga is the best solution to individual, social and international problems as it deals with the mind.
In 1971, Bhushan founded a yoga centre, Mokshayatan International Yogashram, at an early age of 20. Having travelled a lot, he has been sharing his experience and expertise in yoga with Indian as well as foreign enthusiasts on different TV channels since 1978.
Bhushan has worked with the Indian armed forces, industries, scientists, schools, colleges and people of different religious faiths. Widely acclaimed, Bhushan is popularly known as 'Grihastha Sanyasi' claiming that yoga is not just a means to physical fitness, but a life style leading to mental alert, spiritual enlightenment and social well being. He also lay emphasis on the practising side of Yoga rather than a subject of discussion. He believes that yoga is the best solution to individual, social and international problems as it deals with the mind. As per the available information he has won the award of first vegetarian Mr Delhi, Mr Muscles Man, Mr. India, Pratap Shri of India and Arjun Shri titles in body building. He is also honoured with Awadh Samman- "life time Achievement Award" by Zee news & U.P. Government and "life time Achievement Award" for significant contribution to Health Care profession given by AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science)& AYUSH Ministry of Health.
He is involved in a wide-range yoga campaign called "Jago Bharat Dhyan Yog andolan" in collaboration with Zee Network. Yogi Bharat Bhushan has been recently conferred upon honorary D Lit by the Chaudhary Charan Singh University for his excellent contribution in the field of Bharat Yoga traditional Indian Yoga.
Jago Bharat Dhyan Yog Andolan
He is involved in a wide-range yoga campaign called "Jago Bharat Dhyan Yog Andolan" in collaboration with Zee Network. Zee Network with an aim of “Enriching Lives” and helping people to lead a happy and healthy life, joined hands with "Padamshree" Yogiraj Bharat Bhushan, the only Yog Guru in India felicitated by the Government of India with “Padamshree” for his contribution in the field of YOGA. The program is aimed at helping people realise the innumerable benefits of Yoga and also learn the right techniques of Yoga & Meditation. Under this banner of Jago bharat, bhushan ji conducted yoga, meditation & lifestyle related camps world wide with the motive to introduced the correct and right form of Indian traditional yoga & bring awareness among youth that yoga is not only for elders but it is beneficial for youth and children's as well. 
First International Yoga Festival
Bhushanji helped, initiate and conduct the first International Yoga Festival at Rishikesh. Initially U.P. government started this event at ganga Kinare hotel rishikesh but due to gaining popularity and increase in numbers of foreign participants it was shifted to parmarth niketan ashram rishikesh because Bhushan ji want this event is to reflect the traditional Indian form of yoga & their students should learn this art in the atmosphere suitable for this art with out much luxury & five star facilities. He is one of the key person in making of protocol of International Yoga Day. He is Nominated as the Patron for International Yoga Festival 2017 by ministry of tourism uttrakhand and GMVN. 
He was one of the leading body builders of India & won almost every state award in body building & finally won Mr. India.
From his college days he has made efforts to introduce yoga as part of the education system in universities and schools so that children and youth can be made aware of their health from a very young age and create in them a habit of healthy living & eating so that they can keep themselves safe from bad habits like drugs, alcohol & smoking. He has started a concept of live blood bank so that blood donors can be arranged in time & free of cost for the person in need. This concept brings communal harmony between the youth of all religions donating blood without any discrimination. Through his school, health centres & ashrams he always tries to give a message to the youth "yogi bano upyogi bano" means always be healthy and useful whatever caste, creed or religion you belong to. 
Bharat yoga is Indian traditional form of yoga practised by sages of India for decades but in current times, due to the commercialisation of yoga, Old bharat yoga is somehow losing its identity and form. These days, to attract new customers, presenters introduce old limbs of yoga with new name and damaging old traditional forms of yoga. Guru bharat bhushan ji initiated a campaign to preserve traditional form of yoga by using the traditional name bharat yoga and teaching traditional style of yoga through his school Mokshayatan International Yogashram. Recently he invited the Governor of U.P. to an event to promote Bharat yoga at his Ashram.
- "Padma Awards". Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (India). Retrieved 27 May 2009.
- News about life time achievement award in danik jagran news paper/ http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArticle/09-fev-2014-edition-Saharanpur-page_4-6583-2436-32.html
- Guru bharat bhushan ji honored with D Lit new in Danik jagran news paper/"Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 December 2014. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- Yogi Bharat bhushan ji honored with D Lit news in amar ujala news paper/"Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 December 2014. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- in news/http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArticle/19-mar-2017-edition-Saharanpur-page_6-1943-4212-32.html
- In news 44 foundation day/http://mepaper.livehindustan.com/?mainedition=UP&edname=Saharanpur&pgdate1=2017-05-01&edcode=49&strmmode=1&Page=4#
- Birthday news/http://epaper.punjabkesari.in/m5/1191040/punjab-kesari-uttar-pradesh-kesari/Uttar-Pradesh-kesari#page/3/1
- In news mokshayatan/http://m.patrika.com/news/saharanpur/baba-ramdev-s-declaration-five-crore-farmers-will-be-happy-soon-in-uttar-pradesh-news-in-hindi-1566649/
- Vivekanand Jayanti with Yogi Bharat Bhushan at Ze…: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNBiohR6TG0/
- In news inaugurating 2015 international yoga week/"Archived copy". Archived from the original on 3 March 2015. Retrieved 2015-03-04.
- In news/http://epaper.amarujala.com/sc/20170107/03.html?format=img
- About international yoga festival 2017/http://epaper.amarujala.com/sc/20170227/05.html?format=img
- Nominated as patron in news/http://epaper.livehindustan.com/epaper/UP/Saharanpur/2017-02-27/49/Page-5.html
- IYF 2017 news/http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArticle/03-mar-2017-edition-rishikesh-page_1-11263-7493-109.html
- IN news rishikesh/http://epaper.amarujala.com/rk/20170303/02.html?format=img
- IN news IYF 2017/http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArticle/03-mar-2017-edition-rishikesh-page_4-11272-3418-109.html
- In news/http://epaper.amarujala.com/rk/20170302/01.html?format=img
- In news amar ujala/http://epaper.amarujala.com/rk/20170302/03.html?format=img
- in news/http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArticle/02-mar-2017-edition-rishikesh-page_10-11209-2166-109.html
- IN news/http://epaper.amarujala.com/rk/20170301/05.html?format=img
- IN news/http://www.rashtriyasahara.com/epapermain.aspx?queryed=14
- IN news IYW 2017/http://www.rashtriyasahara.com/epapermain.aspx?queryed=14&eddate=03/02/2017
- INternational yoga week 2017/http://www.rashtriyasahara.com/epapermain.aspx?queryed=14&eddate=02%2f28%2f2017
- About Bharat bhushan ji/http://epaper.amarujala.com/rk/20170304/02.html?format=img
- In news GMVN rishikesh/ http://epaper.jagran.com/mdetail/07-mar-2017-edition-rishikesh-page_8-11600-4331-109.html
- in news/http://epaper.amarujala.com/rk/20170307/02.html?format=img
- iyf 2017/http://epaper.amarujala.com/rk/20170308/03.html?format=img
- In news after receiving honor in china/http://www.jagran.com/uttar-pradesh/saharanpur-7642019.html
- In news on university visit/http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArticle/07-jan-2015-edition-Saharanpur-page_8-3737-3009-32.html
- In news while honored with dlit/"Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 December 2014. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- Kavita Upadhyay (1 August 2014) "Riot-hit Saharanpur still gripped by panic, tension". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- In news for guest of honour at international yoga fest/ http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=139023
- In news/ http://www.gyanunlimited.com/health/international-yoga-festival-2016-a-brief-introduction/11033/
- In news/http://epaper.navbharattimes.com/paper/1-9@9-30@email@example.com
- in news with cm up/http://epaper.livehindustan.com/epaper/UP/Lucknow/2017-3-30/54/Page-5.html
- With Cm up/http://epaper.jagran.com/app/30-mar-2017-11-edition-Lucknow-Page-1.html
- News About bharat yoga event at mokshayatan international yogashram/http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArticle/06-may-2015-edition-Saharanpur-page_5-6816-4757-32.html
- Photos of event in news/http://epaper.jagran.com/epaper/06-may-2015-32-edition-Saharanpur-Page-1.html
- bharatyoga award function news and governor visit/"Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 July 2015. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- In news punjan kesari/http://epaper.punjabkesari.in/493962/punjab-kesari-uttar-pradesh-main/-uttar-pradesh-main#page/7/2
- bharatyoga awards news of scholars and receipients/http://epaper.jagran.com/ePaperArticle/04-may-2015-edition-Saharanpur-page_6-6584-4484-32.html
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 July 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-12.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 May 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-12.