|Born||November 1952 (age 69)|
|Alma mater||University of Michigan|
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
|Occupation||Chairman of Syntel|
Bharat Desai was born in November 1952, in Kenya. He is of Gujarati Indian origin. In his childhood, he lived in Mombasa and Ahmedabad. Desai received a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay and an MBA in finance from the Stephen M. Ross School of Business.
Desai is a board member of several educational institutions, including the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) and the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan.
- "Bharat Desai". Forbes. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "Indian-American couple make $2 billion from sale of firm".
- "Bharat DESAI - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "Bharat Desai & Neerja Sethi".
- "Top 10 Gujarati billionaires". India TV News. 2015-08-01.
- "Board of Directors". Syntel. Archived from the original on 10 June 2015. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Syntel founder Bharat Desai to fund new entrepreneurship centre at IIT Bombay". FirstPost.
- "Neerja Sethi". forbes.com. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- Kroll, Luisa. "Bharat Desai & Neerja Sethi - pg.7". Forbes. Archived from the original on October 28, 2014. Retrieved 22 February 2018.