|Board member of||Tally Solutions|
Bharat Goenka is an industrialist from India. He is the co-founder and managing director of Tally Solutions. In 2020, he received the Padma Shri honour from the Government of India for his contribution in the field of trade and industry.
Bharat Goenka is the son of Shyam Sunder Goenka. A graduate in mathematics, Goenka co-founded Tally Solutions with his father in 1986 after searching for a software to manage their accounting books. He created an MS-DOS based accounting application named Peutronics Financial Accountant, formally changed to Tally Solutions in 1999.
In 2011, NASSCOM conferred their Lifetime Achievement Award to Goenka and the title of "the father of the Indian software product industry". He was given the CSI Honorary Fellowship Award by the Computer Society of India (CSI) in 2014. In 2020, he received the Padma Shri honour from the Government of India for his contribution in the field of trade and industry.
- "Sanjeev Bikchandani, Bharat Goenka Receive the Prestigious Award". dqindia.com. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "141 named for Padma Awards, Sushma, Jaitley & George Fernandes get Padma Vibhshan". uniindia.com. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "Padma Vibhushan for Jaitley, Sushma, Fernandes; Bhushan for Parrikar". dailypioneer.com. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "उद्योग एवं व्यापार क्षेत्र के 11 दिग्गजों को पद्मश्री". KhabarTak.com (in Hindi). Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "आनंद महिंद्रा, वेणु श्रीनिवासन सहित इन 11 दिग्गज कारोबारियों को मिला सम्मान". IndiaTv.in (in Hindi). Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "आनंद महिंद्रा और वेणु श्रीनिवासन समेत 11 कारोबारियों को पद्म पुरस्कार". Bhaskar.com (in Hindi). Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "Meet some of Karnataka's Padma awardees who span diverse fields". Deccan Herald. 2020-01-26. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- "Tally dreams big: India's top accounting software is all set to expand into retail". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- "Nasscom confers lifetime award on Tally's Goenka". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- "Tally Solutions Bharat Goenka conferred CSI Honorary Fellowship Award 2014". DATAQUEST. 2014-12-17. Retrieved 2020-04-15.