Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
|Public sector undertaking|
|Founded||1 October 2000|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Anupam Shrivastava (Chairman & MD)|
|Services||Fixed line and mobile telephony, Internet services, digital television, IPTV|
|Revenue||₹32,918 crore (US$4.9 billion) (2016)|
|3855 crore in 2016|
|₹-70.19 billion (US$−1.0 billion) (2014)|
|Total assets||₹893 billion (US$13 billion) (2014)|
|Owner||Government of India|
|Members||93.29 million (June 2015)|
Number of employees
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (abbreviated BSNL) is an Indian state-owned telecommunications company headquartered in New Delhi. It was incorporated on 15 September 2000 and took over the business of providing of telecom services and network management from the erstwhile Central Government Departments of Telecom Services (DTS) and Telecom Operations (DTO), with effect from 1 JJ 2000 on a going concern basis. It is the largest provider of fixed telephony and broadband services with more than 60% market share and Fifth largest mobile telephony provider in India. However, in recent years the company's revenues and market share have plummeted into heavy losses due to intense competition in the Indian telecommunications sector. BSNL is India's oldest communication service provider and had a customer base of 93.29 million as of June 2015. It has footprints throughout India except for Mumbai and New Delhi, which are managed by Mahanagar Telephone Nigam (MTNL).
Bsnl Mobile is major provider of GSM cellular mobile services under the brand name Cellone. BSNL provides complete telecom services solution to enterprise customers including MPLS, P2P and Internet leased lines. It provides fixedline services and landline using CDMA technology and its extensive optical fiber network. BSNL provides Internet access services through dial-up connection as prepaid, NetOne as Postpaid and DataOne as BSNL Broadband.
BSNL offers value-added services, such as Free Phone Service (FPH), India Telephone Card (Prepaid card), Account Card Calling (ACC), Virtual Private Network (VPN), Tele-voting, Premium Rate Service (PRM), Universal Access Number (UAN). BSNL also offers the IPTV which enables customers to watch television through internet and Voice and Video Over Internet Protocol (VVoIP). In 2007, BSNL announced plans for providing 5 million broadband connectivity and secured 80% of the INR 25 billion rural telephony project of Government of India. On 20 March 2009, BSNL launched blackberry services across India. BSNL paid Rs. 101.87 billion for 3G spectrum in 2010. As of 2011[update], BSNL offers coverage in over 800 cities across India. BSNL launched in 2012 a 3G wireless pocket router named Winknet Mf50. BSNL 3G provides HSPA+ service with highest speed of 21.1 Mbit/s downlink and 5.76 Mbit/s uplink.
BSNL announced the discontinuation of its telegram services from 15 July 2013, after 160 years in service. It was opened to the public in February 1855; it was upgraded to a web-based messaging system in 2010, through 182 telegraph offices across India.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, A Public Sector Enterprise also provide Fiber to the home plans which are generally known as FTTH broadband service. It is the fastest broadband service which has been started by the BSNL. BSNL FTTH service can provide the speed up to 100Mbps to the Internet users. 
As per Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Report dated 19 Feb 2016 BSNL has the 4th position in Broadband market share. It has broadband market share of 14.54% as on 31.12.2015. In wireless segment it is on 6th position with 8.16% of market share as on 31.12.2015.
BSNL is divided into a number of administrative units termed as telecom circles, metro districts, project circles and specialized units. It has 24 telecom circles, 2 metro districts, 6 project circles, 4 maintenance regions, 5 telecom factories, 3 training institutions and 4 specialised telecom units.
BSNL enforces censorship of online content as per orders of Indian Department of Telecom.
- "Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss" (PDF). BSNL. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Telecom Subscription data, June 2015" (PDF). TRAI. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "DoT puts up roadblock in BSNL's IPO plans". Profit.ndtv.com. 11 June 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- Special Correspondent (31 July 2010). "BSNL reports first-ever loss of Rs. 1,823 crore". Chennai, India: Thehindu.com. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- BSNL Broadband Archived 24 November 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- NetOne Archived 3 May 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- "BSNL Champion Trendy 531 Phablet Price - Specifications - Features". Mobiles Bug. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- (9) Comments. "BSNL Launches VVoIP". Techtree.com. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "BSNL bags 80% of Rs 2,500-crore rural mobile telephony project". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 28 March 2007.
- Pahwa, Nikhil (29 May 2010). "India's 3G Auction Ends; Operator And Circle-Wise Results". MediaNama. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "BSNL 3G Services Now In 826 Cities In India". 15 July 2011. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "BSNL releases 3G wireless pocket router".
- "BSNL decides to discontinue 160-year-old telegram service". The Times of India. 12 Jun 2013. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- Joshi, Sandeep (12 June 2013). "Dot, dash, full stop: Telegram service ends July 15". Chennai, India: The Hindu. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- Gopal, B. Madhu (2012-03-01). "BSNL offers FTTH for high speed broadband users". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-09-29.
- "Internet service providers in India" (PDF).
- "XgenPlus | Enterprise email server|Web & Email Hosting Service|Jaipur". www.xgenplus.com. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- "BSNL Units".