|Born||1971 (age 45–46)
|Fields||mathematics education, creativity, alternative education, gifted education|
|Institutions||The University of Montana|
|Alma mater||University of Alaska Fairbanks, Northern Illinois University|
|Doctoral advisor||Robert Wheeler|
|Notable awards||2002 NAGC Distinguished Brief of the Year; SSMA 2007 Early Scholar; 2009 NIU Golden Alumni; 2016 UM Distinguished Scholar|
Bharath Sriraman (भारतः स्रिरामान) (b. 1971 Bangalore) is an Indian-born mathematician, educator and academic editor, known for his interdisciplinary contributions at the nexus of math-science-arts, theory development in mathematics education, creativity research, and alternative education.
Academic and editorial work
Bharath Sriraman is a professor of mathematics at the University of Montana – Missoula with an adjunct appointment in the department of Central and Southwest-Asian Studies. Sriraman is the founder and editor-in-chief of The Mathematics Enthusiast, an independent open access journal hosted by University of Montana. He is the co-founder/co-editor-in-chief of two series with Springer Science+Business Media namely Advances in Mathematics Education and Creativity Theory and Action in Education. He is also the series editor for a number of book series on alternative education published by Sense Publishers, and various topics in mathematics education with Information Age Publishing In addition to editing he is a prolific scholar with over 300 publications to date in numerous areas of research, and held numerous visiting professorships including those as International Fulbright Specialist at institutions in Nordic countries, Eurasia and South America 
Education and Honors
Bharath Sriraman graduated with a B.S. in mathematics from the University of Alaska Fairbanks in 1995 and obtained his Ph.D. in mathematical sciences in 2002 from Northern Illinois University under the analyst Robert Wheeler. In 2009, Northern Illinois University named him as one of 50 "Golden alumni" in the last 50 years for his significant contributions to research in mathematics education, gifted education and interdisciplinary research at the intersection of mathematics-science-arts. He previously received the School Science and Mathematics Association Early Scholar Award in 2007. In 2016 he was the recipient of the University of Montana Distinguished Scholar Award
- Sriraman, B. (2004). The influence of Platonism on mathematics research and theological beliefs. Theology and Science, vol. 2, no.1, pp. 131–147
- Sriraman.B, & Benesch, W. (2005). Consciousness and Science: An Advaita-Vedantic perspective on the Theology-Science dialogue. Theology and Science, vol.3, no.1, pp. 39–54.
- Sriraman, B; English, L (2010). Theories of Mathematics Education: Seeking New Frontiers. Advances in Mathematics Education. 1. Berlin, New York: Springer Science+Business Media. ISBN 978-3-642-00741-5
- Sriraman, B. (2012): Crossroads in the History of Mathematics and Mathematics Education. Information Age Publishing, Charlotte, NC.
- Sriraman, B., & Juter, K (2013). The interfaces of innovation in mathematics and the arts.” In L.Shavinina (Ed). International Handbook on Innovation Education (pp.330-340) Routledge, Taylor & Francis
- Chernoff, E., Sriraman,B. (2014) Probabilistic Thinking: Presenting Plural Perspectives. Springer Science+Business Media, Dodrecht, Netherlands, ISBN 978-94-007-7154-3
- Ambrose, D, Sriraman, B., Pierce, Kathleen. (2014). Complexity and Creativity: Deconstructing Clichés. Sense Publishers, Rotterdam, Netherlands, ISBN 978-9-46209771-1
- Huaman-Sumida, L., & Sriraman, B. (2015). Indigenous innovations: Universalities and peculiarities. Sense Publishers, Rotterdam.
Interdisciplinary Connections Math-Science-Art
- Sriraman, B., Michelsen, C., Beckmann, A., & Freiman, V.(2008): Proceedings of The Second International Symposium of Mathematics and its Connections to the Arts and Sciences (MACAS2), Odense, Denmark 29-31, May 2007, University of Southern Denmark Press
- Sriraman, B. & Freiman, V. (2010): Interdisciplinarity for the 21st Century: Proceedings of Third International Symposium on Mathematics and its Connections to the Arts and Sciences. Moncton, Canada 2009. Information Age Publishing, Charlotte, NC.
International Mathematics Education
- English, L.,Bartolini-Bussi, M.,Lesh, R., Jones, G.,Sriraman, B., Tirosh, D. (Eds). (2008). The Handbook of International Research in Mathematics Education (2nd edition). Routledge, Taylor & Francis
- Sriraman, B., Bergsten, C., Goodchild, S., Palsdottir, G., et al.(2010): The First Sourcebook on Nordic Research in Mathematics Education. Information Age Publishing, Charlotte, NC.
- Sriraman, B., Cai, J., Lee, K., et al (2015): The First Sourcebook on Asian Research in Mathematics Education: China, Korea, Japan,Singapore, Malaysia and India. Information Age Publishing, Charlotte, NC. 1782 pages
- Sriraman, B., &Lee, K. (2011): The Elements of Creativity and Giftedness in Mathematics. Sense Publishers, The Netherlands
- Leikin, R.,& Sriraman,B. (2017): Creativity and Giftedness: Interdisciplinary perspectives from mathematics and beyond.Springer International, Switzerland, ISBN 978-3-319-38838-0
- Beghetto, R. &Sriraman, B. (2017): Creative Contradictions in Education: Cross disciplinary paradoxes and perspectives, Springer International, Switzerland, ISBN 978-3-319-21924-0
- Sriraman, B.(2008): International Perspectives on Social Justice in Mathematics Education. Monograph in The Montana Mathematics Monograph Series in Mathematics Education. Information Age Publishing, Charlotte, NC
- Ambrose, D., Sriraman, B., Cross, T. (2013): The Roeper School: A Model for Holistic Development of High Ability, Sense Publishers, Rotterdam, Netherlands, ISBN 978-9-46209417-8
- Ernest, P., Sriraman, B., Ernest, N. (2016):Critical Mathematics Education: Theory, Praxis and Reality. 'Information Age Publishing, Charlotte, NC.
- "The University of Montana 2008 President's Report". Umt.edu. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "UM Professor Interviewed for Roeper Review". Umt.edu. Retrieved 2014-11-10.
- "Symposium: Mathematical Creativity- Musings from the Past Decade". Kaputcenter.umass.edu. Retrieved 2017-01-14.
- "Study of Mathematically Precocious Youth 40th Anniversary Symposium". Johns Hopkins University. Retrieved 2012-04-04.
- "CAS | Faculty Details". Cas.umt.edu. 2007-06-08. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Central and Southwest Asia Program (CAP)". Umt.edu. Retrieved 2016-09-09.
- "The Mathematics Enthusiast". Retrieved 2015-05-27.
- "Advances in Mathematics Education, Springer Heidelberg". springer.com. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Creativity Theory and Action in Education, Springer Switzerland". springer.com. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Advances in Creativity and Giftedness, Sense Publishers". Sensepublishers.com. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Advances in Innovation Education, Sense Publishers". Sensepublishers.com. Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- "IAP Author and Editor". infoagepub.com. Retrieved 2017-02-04.
- "Google Scholar Papers". Retrieved 2016-09-09.
- "UAN Fulbright Visit of Dr.Bharath Sriraman". Retrieved 2016-12-26.
- "University of Iceland: Workshop on Creative Mathematics". Retrieved 2016-03-13.
- "Conceptualmente la Matemática es más un arte que una ciencia". Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- "Class Notes". Aurora Alumni magazine. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- Robert Wheeler at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Bharath R. Sriraman – NIU – LA&S 50th Anniversary". Niu.edu. Archived from the original on October 7, 2013. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "SSMA Past Award Recipients". www.ssma.org. Archived from the original on July 14, 2013. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "2016 UM Employee Day". www.umt.edu. Retrieved 2016-08-09.