Motto in English
|Educate to Elevate|
|Chancellor||Governor of Tamil Nadu|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. P. Kaliraj|
|Registrar||Dr. K. Murugan|
|Campus||Urban, 1,000 acres (404.7 ha)|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, NCTE, ACU, AIU|
Bharathiar University is a public state university in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. Named after Tamil poet Subramania Bharati, the university was established in February 1982 under the provision of Bharathiar University Act, 1981 (Act 1 of 1982) and was recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in 1985.
Bharathiar University celebrated its silver jubilee celebrations on 24 February 2007. The president of India, A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, and the chief minister of Tamil Nadu, Karunanidhi, were chief guests. Bharathiar University provides graduate, masters, M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs in various subjects. The university is known for its stringent Phd evaluation guidelines.
Affiliated colleges and institutes
Institutes affiliated to the university include 13 Government Colleges, 1 Air Force Administrative College, 3 Constituent Colleges, 1 University PG Extension and Research Centre, 16 Aided Colleges and 99 Self Financing Colleges.
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2020)||21|
|NIRF (Universities) (2020)||13|
- "Silver jubilee celebrations of Bharathiar University". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "M.Phil / Ph.D Regulations Bharathiar University". PhD Degree Programs.
- "Affiliated Colleges List". www.b-u.ac.in. Retrieved 5 April 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.