Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Engineering
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Affiliations||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University|
Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Engineering (BVCOE) is a private engineering college in Paschim Vihar, New Delhi. It is affiliated to the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. It is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Its parent body is Bharati Vidyapeeth University, a Deemed University in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Applied Science Department
- Electrical and Electronics Department
- Computer Science Department
- Electronics and Communication Department
- Instrumentation and Control Department
- Information Technology Department
The semi-circular glass building houses most of the engineering college. A red brick building houses some laboratories and the Administrative department. The Technology department and administrative block are in a single building with four blocks (A,B,C and D). The building houses classrooms, laboratories, a library, projector rooms and rooms for other academic activities. An auditorium is shared with the BVIMR, another college of the same parent body in the same campus but in a different building. The college has a playground, a Badminton court, a Volleyball court, a Recreation centre (Food Court), a Cricket pitch in the playground and a cemented basketball court. Indoor sports include Chess and Table Tennis. A sports week is held every year which includes inter stream events in all the mentioned sports activities.
Out of total number of seats, the 90% seats are filled in by the Centralized Counselling to be conducted by GGSIP University based on its CET.
10% seats are reserved for Management Category. Admission to these 10% Reserved Management Category Seats is done by the Management on merit as per the Instructions of the Govt. of NCT, Delhi and GGSIP University.
Research and Development Cell
The R&D cell has been involved in projects including the EU Asia-Link project. Major research areas include Value-added Services in Communication Systems, Tsunami: Radio Alert System, Sustainable Built Environment, Image Processing, Nano Technology and application of IT to problems in energy and environment.Other fields of research include Embedded Systems and VLSI Technology.
Technology and Business Groups
BVPIEEE(Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), BVPISTE(Indian Society For Technical Education), BVP-GTUG(Google Technology User Group),BVP-ISA(International Society of Automation), BVP MOSC (Open Source Club),Intel AI(Society),BVP MTG (Microsoft user Group Delh i), BVP Inc. (a business Group) and BVPLUG(Linux User Group) are the technical and business groups as of 2013, involved in various co-curricular activities in the college.
This section does not cite any sources. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
College festivals include:
- XTASY, the cultural festival of the college. Held biennially in the even semester
- Fervour, an annual fest organised in the even semester by the members of BVPIEEE, the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) chapter of the college
- Evoluzione, an annual fest organised by the members of BVPISTE, the ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education) chapter of the college
- Chaos, an annual festival organised by the GTUG (Google Technology User Group) members of the college
- Corprova, organised by BVP, the business group of the college
- "bvcoend.ac.in/Admissions.asp". Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Engineering.|