Bharatsinh Madhavsinh Solanki
|Union Minister of State for Drinking Water and Sanitation(Independent Charge)|
|Member of Parliament|
26 November 1953 |
Borsad, Dist. Anand, Gujarat
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Relations||Madhavsinh Solanki (father)|
|Educational Qualification||B.E. (Civil)|
|Special Interests||Youth affairs, Social Justice and Environment.|
Bharatsinh Madhavsinh Solanki also referred as Bharat Solanki is a politician who helds the office of Minister of State for Union Minister of State for Drinking Water and Sanitation(Independent Charge) in the Government of India in the Second Manmohan Singh Ministry till May 2014. His previous posts include that of Minister of State for Power. He is a member of the Indian National Congress political party.
- 1992 - General Secretary (Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee)
- 1995-2004 - Member, Gujarat Legislative Assembly (Three Terms)
- 2003-2004 - Deputy Leader of Opposition, Gujarat Legislative Assembly
- 2004 - Member of Parliament
- 2004 - Secretary, A.I.C.C.
- 2006 -2008 - President, Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee
- June 2009-January 2011, Union Minister of State of Power, Government of India
- January 2011-October 2012, Minister of State for Railways, Govt. of India
- From October 2012, Minister of State for Drinking Water and Sanitation(Independent Charge), Govt. of India
He is a former member of the Press Council of India and has served on several committees, including the Joint Committee on Offices of Profit and the Committee on Public Undertakings.
- "Lotus garden: BJP wins all 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat". The Times of India. May 17, 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- "Power companies to import 35 million tonnes of coal". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 29 April 2010. Retrieved 8 May 2010.